COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Kickstarterversary Gift Packages

I gifted my Kickstarteversary Magistrate account to a friend and they are unable to claim it on their account.

Their intention is to upgrade it to the Count level which is time sensitive because the Count pledge goes away at the end of the month.

Can those that wish to upgrade get an extension if it is not implemented before the Count Lite packages are taken away?

5/20/2018 10:39:29 PM #1

It hasn't been added yet.

5/20/2018 10:50:50 PM #2

If they'd like to upgrade quickly the only way to currently do that is to claim it on a new account. However, I would wait closer to the end of the event, for all we know they could add the package merging for accounts before the event ends.

As Matriarch said, it currently hasn't been added to the website yet as a feature.

5/21/2018 5:36:50 AM #3

With account merging not available anymore I don't think making another account is a viable option, there would be no way to combine them later.

Hopefully SBS will weigh in, which is why I posted to the Tech Support forum ;)

5/21/2018 6:05:08 AM #4

Posted By Venekor at 11:36 PM - Sun May 20 2018

With account merging not available anymore I don't think making another account is a viable option, there would be no way to combine them later.

Hopefully SBS will weigh in, which is why I posted to the Tech Support forum ;)

They will tell you the exact same thing that we have, coming soon is Package claiming, which would be merging the package into the account. The Count package is only available till June 1st at Noon PDT and wont be available after.

Currently as it stands, yes account merging won't be a thing again, however it would be the quickest guaranteed way for your friend to get the mayor package claimed and upgraded to become a count via the count package on the store currently. We have no knowledge when package merging/claiming will become available other than "Soon"

Answers to the question: Not a bug, will be added soon (no date released for that), and extension has been said to not be happening

As an Ambassador I answer these questions frequently, so I hope that my answers help to answer your questions.

5/21/2018 12:25:43 PM #5

Even if you claimed it, it wouldn't help, to 'upgrade' you have to pay the entire difference of what you actually paid, the free magistrate account isn't going to get you any sort of discount toward your new count package you'd have to pay the full $1000 price... so why do you need it merged beforehand?

5/21/2018 3:09:27 PM #6

Posted By Dekul at 06:25 AM - Mon May 21 2018

Even if you claimed it, it wouldn't help, to 'upgrade' you have to pay the entire difference of what you actually paid, the free magistrate account isn't going to get you any sort of discount toward your new count package you'd have to pay the full $1000 price... so why do you need it merged beforehand?

That's not true. Gifted pledges count towards upgrades.

It only works the way you are describing if you got the pledge on discount (like 10% off) you have to pay that 10% difference extra if you'd like to upgrade.

However in this case, someone has paid the entire pledge package amount so gifting it and claiming it counts towards paid for the next upgrade.

5/21/2018 3:35:44 PM #7

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 10:09 AM - Mon May 21 2018

Posted By Dekul at 06:25 AM - Mon May 21 2018

That's not true. Gifted pledges count towards upgrades.

It only works the way you are describing if you got the pledge on discount (like 10% off) you have to pay that 10% difference extra if you'd like to upgrade.

However in this case, someone has paid the entire pledge package amount so gifting it and claiming it counts towards paid for the next upgrade.

Well if someone paid for the gifted pledge that's true... if it's from the kickstarterversary rewards I don't think any money was paid for it (at least not directly). But maybe it works differently I haven't tried upgrading mine.

5/21/2018 6:19:01 PM #8

Posted By Dekul at 05:25 AM - Mon May 21 2018

From CoE Common Room Discord

Madoc-05/01/2017 @Caspian I've seen it asked a couple times… do we know yet how bonus packages will be handled if they want to be upgraded?

Caspian-05/01/2017 They can be upgraded as usual.

5/29/2018 2:18:57 PM #9

bump, getting close to the end of the month...