COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Upgrading access

I've purchased the founders pack and was looking at the store to al-la-carte the alpha 1 access however while I saw that the pledge upgrades auto discount the previous purchases the Access purchases don't so alpha 1 access still says $155 and that it includes alpha 1&2 and Beta 1&2 access while beta 1&2 show I already have them.

Is this something being worked on? I haven't seen any other threads with the same question.

5/16/2018 4:00:16 AM #1

Posted By Levald at

I've purchased the founders pack and was looking at the store to al-la-carte the alpha 1 access however while I saw that the pledge upgrades auto discount the previous purchases the Access purchases don't so alpha 1 access still says $155 and that it includes alpha 1&2 and Beta 1&2 access while beta 1&2 show I already have them.

Is this something being worked on? I haven't seen any other threads with the same question, I'm sorry there's no way to search these to ensure I don't waist time with repeat questions.

No, those are remaining full price for their access, you don't get discounted per one you buy. Its as intended

5/16/2018 4:13:16 AM #2

So im double paying for beta access since its included in the alpha 1 access price? I saw many of the other pieces such as the parts of heraldry were priced separately but said they required the previous item be purchased first. It feels as though I'm being cheated if I buy 2 separate things granting beta 1&2 access when I can only have it once, even if that's not the intended customer perception.

5/16/2018 4:47:02 AM #3

Posted By Levald at 10:13 PM - Tue May 15 2018

So im double paying for beta access since its included in the alpha 1 access price? I saw many of the other pieces such as the parts of heraldry were priced separately but said they required the previous item be purchased first. It feels as though I'm being cheated if I buy 2 separate things granting beta 1&2 access when I can only have it once, even if that's not the intended customer perception.

Posted By Levald at 10:13 PM - Tue May 15 2018

Alpha 1 includes: Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Beta 1, Beta 2

Alpha 2 includes: Alpha 2, Beta 1, Beta 2

Beta 1 includes: Beta 1, Beta 2,

Beta 2 includes: Beta 2.

They also include stress tests and extras that are released to those tiers

So you would not be required to purchase the tier before, only which ever one you want access to for everything that it includes.

5/16/2018 12:01:48 PM #4

Yes so if you already have beta 1 access, and then purchase alpha 1 access, you now have beta 1 &2 access from the first purchase, and beta 1&2 access included in the second purchase.

I wouldn't expect someone who payed $40 for the beta 1 access to the have to pay the extra $155 for upgrade to alpha 1 when the difference in $115 and the $40 access is already part of the $155 access. I get that the pledge packages discount the pieces they include but those inclusions aren't considered relevant for future purchases? Id be on the fence about spending the extra $115 for alpha 1 access in the first place, its bit steep in my opinion but it would aid in development,

That $40 value is included in the pledge I picked even if its discounted as part of a bundle, If I then go and purchase the Alpha 1 access at $155, I've effectively ripped that $40 value out of my pledge and flushed it.

5/16/2018 12:37:42 PM #5

They have said that there will not be any discounts on the al a carte items for access.

So you can either see it as losing $40, or you can see it as saving $290 because you do not want to pay the extra price of the package that contains it.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

5/16/2018 4:05:06 PM #6

I don't want what's included even at discount in the more expensive package deal but if someone were to alla carte the beta 1 and later upgrade that to alpha 1 it's unreasonable to expect them to pay the $155 after paying the $40 when it's included and limited to 1, I couldn't then gift my duplicate beta 1 access. So its just poor business. If a perceived $40 loss prevents them from potentially Making another $115 sale.

5/17/2018 3:47:20 PM #7

Thank you for your feedback.

As others have stated, the store pricing is working as intended.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."