COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Happy Anniversary, Serp! Here's to many more!

Happy Anniversary, Serpentius!

It's been one hell of a year, that much is certain, and I don't think I speak only for myself when I say these past twelve months have been both exhausting and exhilarating for our moderator team. Doubtless, we've had our fair share of ups and down over the course of the last year—there's certainly been no shortage of work to do in our community—but we've pushed through our troubles, weathered the many storms that came our way, and will continue to work in service of this amazing community. Of course, this is in no small part thanks to Serpentius, a person who is particularly deserving of our applause.

I'll be honest, when Serp first joined us as community lead, I was nothing short of skeptical. I mean, come on, this [insert insulting trait] guy who came out of nowhere and wanted to change everything—of course I was skeptical, who likes change? Well, I can assure you, since those changes made me a moderator, I've been pretty happy with them. (No, not really, that's not why, you scavengers can't have this!) In reality, Serp's proven himself many times over; not only as a competent community manager, but a wonderful person. It's been nothing less than a pleasure working alongside him; he's always been kind, considerate, respectful, and understanding to the members of this community, even under the worst kind of pressure. He works with unequivocal excellence and unassailable commitment; there's no doubt in my mind that he cares deeply for both the success of the game and the community and will do just about anything to ensure it.

Officially–well, from our point of view–Serpentius joined us May 4th 2017 (my apologies for being a little late with this). It's been a year now and I just have to say thank you; thank you for standing and defending our community for the last year and I—we—hope you will continue to do so well into the future.

So, with that, I'll leave it to the rest of the mods who all had something nice to say about our community lead.

Serpentius listens more than he talks, is constantly doing more with less and although he may not always have the perfect answer he shows up everyday consistently with the intention of making this community better. It's been a pleasure serving as a SuperMod for him the past year and there is no one, NO ONE, that could manage this community better and I am convinced he could do even more if given the opportunity and tools to do so.

– Noslim

Working with Serpentius is hands down one of the best parts of being a Moderator. Serpentius is one of the friendliest people I have ever met - simply a sweetheart. He has a good head on his shoulders, cool and even tempered, yet firm and unafraid to stand up for what is right. I personally enjoy Serpentius's sense of fairness, justice, and rules, which makes him an excellent lead for Community Management and overseeing the Moderators. Whenever you're in need, he is there for you with a kind word. Talking to him is always a delight. Furthermore, the many community projects Serpentius has created and implemented have helped to build the studio and community in refreshing and exciting ways. I am always eager to see what he will come up with next. Honestly, I believe Serpentius is the #1 reason that the Chronicles of Elyria community is the least toxic gaming community I've ever seen. There is no better man for the job, and I hope to work with him for many, many years to come!

– Kitlandria

Serp is the man! I learned lots from him! Especially how to be patient with annoying people, before I met Serp my way to deal with annoying people was to annoy them more so they give up realizing someone is more annoying than them. Then I watched and learned from master of being kind, patient and persistent.

– Mythos

Serp is an excellent Community Manager, and ever since he joined CoE the community has been wonderful. He's done a great job cultivating a really fun and inclusive community of people who are eager to play CoE! I'm very happy to have him at the helm of the community!

– Captain Seli

I honestly don't join many communities because I don't have time for the toxicity that almost always goes with them. However, I quickly noticed that something was different with CoE and I didn't know it at the time, but it was in large part because of Serp's leadership. Even before I was a mod I could see the work that he put into keeping the community on track and free of toxicity. Now that I am one, I cannot imagine many others being able to do the job that he does, while still keeping his positive and supportive attitude.

– Esoba

It was always said that facts are better than words so you just need to look at the CoE community today to see what an excellent work Serpentius has done. Thank you for your tirelessly effort and it's a pleasure to work with you and for all the patience you show us everyday.

– Rhaegys

It's been my privilege and pleasure to learn from Serp, our very own Adam, the moderation one! I have been honoured to serve as a moderator alongside his love for the community and dedication to enable and support it. He is a passionate community lead, always ready to give his time and attention without counting. More than that, as a person, he listens and cares for others with a generous heart. Ultimately, I would like to say, thank you again, Serp, for your presence, and may you shine ever more in the future.

– Mel

Volunteering for the position of CoE moderator was always going to be a joy for me, the intelligence and passion of the developers and community made that readily apparent to me but working with Serpentius was one of the hidden boons I did not initially expect. Serpentius approaches Community Management with humility, love, and a unwavering desire to see Elyia and its Elyrians succeed. Moderation is not always sunshine and rainbows, sometimes it exposes some less than desirable aspects of user interaction on the Internet but Serpentius meets it head-on, not only refusing to shy away but keeping the positive side of such interactions in mind as well. I can honestly say working on the CoE moderation team under Serpentius direction has been a great learning experience for me and something I have made use of and will continue to make use of in my own leadership roles in the world of Elyria to come. Ave Elyria!

– Polite

Serpentius wears many hats, some of which are helmets, but he is always the reliable representative of the CoE community. Constantly at his best, even when we are at our worst

– Zenko

I can't believe Serpentius has been with us for a year! It's been awesome working with such a dedicated and all-around great person as well as the whole team of moderators that he has formed in the months he's been community manager! Happy Anniversary Serp!

– Hellmoon

I think Serpentius has done an amazing job this first year as community manager for this game. He's approachable and patient and cares deeply about making sure the community is a pleasant environment for everyone to visit. It's been a fantastic experience to interact with him, not just as part of the moderator team but as a member of the community on the whole.

– Ava

Ever since Serpentius has joined the Soulbound team, a lot has changed. A community that I previously considered somewhat random has since gained some real structure. He has since been a public signal that the studio is growing to be the company that will ultimately give us Chronicles of Elyria.

– Ikkerens

Serpentius has been an amazing mentor and friend. He has always been understanding, patient and close. What I like the most of him is how close and reacheable is, every time there is a problem or a concern, he will always be there listening to us and giving us support for anything we need. I have been 1 year in this team and I'm still enjoying it like the first day... I learned a lot from him and I feel very thankful about the trust he gave me.

Never change and never leave, Serpentius, the team is nothing without you.

– Elbereth

Serpentius is the soul and centre of the Elyrian community. I've never had the privilege to work alongside someone with such a ceaseless and unflinching dedication. Serp is there. If it's the weekend, Serp is there. If he has a thousand and one other things to do, Serp is still there. He's fiercely loyal, devoutly open-minded, and refuses to accept anything but the best from himself. I think we can all agree that since coming on board, our community has become orders of magnitude more friendly, ordered, and overall just a splendid place to chat about Chronicles of Elyria and to build lasting relationships. Serpentius is a massive asset to the Studio and to the Community. Here's to a fantastic year, and looking forward to more.

– Caelestius

Serp is by far the best Dragon SbS could have wished for. He has relentless energy and he is never not working. (Unless he's asleep). He loves his job(fortunately) cause this place just wouldn't be the same without him.

– Eltanin

Time flies, doesn't it? It's been a whole year since you've join Soulbound Studios and the community, and what a difference it shows. You generously give your time, offer advice, and are there whenever we need something. One thing I can say without a doubt is you are the heart of the community, and I appreciate it so much.

– Xeyska

Serp is the foundation. Moderators can do a great many things, but without the foundation, the whole house would just crumble. When a storm comes, the house and its foundation are what helps keep the community out of the rain and wind, away from mud. I'd seriously like to give you a heartfelt thank you, Serp, for building the framework on which this community can thrive and constantly iterating on it, improving it. None of this would be the same without you!

– CerebralDaemon

5/15/2018 8:39:39 PM #1

Feel free to add any kind wishes in the comments below!

5/15/2018 9:02:56 PM #2

Well shoot looks like I lost the bet. I was sure he wouldn’t last a year!

🤡😇🤡

All kidding aside he has done amazingly well at a very thankless job. Makes me wonder if he is actually chained to his desk in Sbs’s basement.

5/15/2018 9:12:35 PM #3

Happy anniversary Serp :D

5/15/2018 9:12:39 PM #4

Glad to have you around Serp :) You have changed the community for better!

5/15/2018 10:36:07 PM #5

Posted By Malais at 2:02 PM - Tue May 15 2018

All kidding aside he has done amazingly well at a very thankless job. Makes me wonder if he is actually chained to his desk in Sbs’s basement.

Nah.

We don't have a basement.

• Snipehunter
5/15/2018 10:38:37 PM #6

OP covered it all!

HIGE grats on the anniversary Serpentius!

and ty for all the time and effort you put in

5/15/2018 11:59:31 PM #7

Congrats, Serp! Thank you for all your diligent question-answering, community events, community showcase thread-writing, technical website help, and so much more!

(photo is Tiny Snek Comics)

alt

5/16/2018 12:17:16 AM #8

Serp deserves a little praise - he does a great job :)

That aside, I feel I should highlight that the other members of staff and indeed moderators all deserve a little praise too. The quality of staffing and deliverables on this project are consistently high. That's supported all the more by the sense of community and support demonstrated by this OP.

Good job - all of you ;)

5/16/2018 1:04:00 AM #9

This is the sweetest and nicest thing I've seen in a long time.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for this, if it weren't for my team I would definitely not be here today.

It takes a village, and teamwork makes the dream work.

I DO love my job, and my coworkers and my team is a big part of the reason why.

Sorry, I had surgery a few hours ago so I am going to keep this short, but from me to all of you (you know who you are) much <3 and thanks!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

5/16/2018 1:20:06 PM #10

Thanks for what you do Serp!

It's often a thankless job, but you do it with class and poise.

And I hope your surgery went well, and the recovery is smooth!

Imgur

5/16/2018 3:17:23 PM #11

Thanks for everything you do Serp! Praying for a speedy recovery!

5/16/2018 4:37:06 PM #12

Congrats Serp. This is a well earned <3 thread. :)

I haven't been around here long but I noticed on my very first day here how well cared for, curated and informed this community is. It was only over the next few months that I realized how deft Serp actually is at choosing when to intervene and when to let us manage ourselves. A benevolent force that always lets us grow by ourselves when we can manage it but seems to always be there when we need.

Also, the turnaround time for responses on customer service is mind-blowing. Just saying.

Mistvale banner

5/16/2018 6:19:12 PM #13

Happy anniversary!

5/16/2018 7:09:14 PM #14

Even after surgery, the guy is still active! But aside from that, thanks for your hard work and dedication! We are privileged to have you in our community! Thanks!