COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
Reincarnation question.

Say two player characters have two kids together. One takes over as one of the kids. Would the other be able to claim the other kid? Would the first parent to die get to pick which kid?

Kingdom: Blackheart | Duchy: Drakeolm | County: Hammerbull Dominion | Family: Stormrage | Role: Shaman

5/14/2018 1:13:32 AM #1

Whoever is designated in the child contract gets control of the child.

5/14/2018 1:15:43 AM #2

So we would have to draw up a contract per child?

Kingdom: Blackheart | Duchy: Drakeolm | County: Hammerbull Dominion | Family: Stormrage | Role: Shaman

5/14/2018 2:16:44 AM #3

You'd get child codes, which you could either claim for yourself or give out to a friend.

5/14/2018 3:46:19 AM #4

Posted By Enzeru at 6:15 PM - Sun May 13 2018

So we would have to draw up a contract per child?

correct.

5/14/2018 1:05:07 PM #5

Thanks Matriarch.

Protey, I don't understand why a contract is necessary. If it was someone I didn't really know or only knew online that would be one thing but I'm talking about my irl husband lol. A contract seems like a silly waste to me. Is that really how the mechanics work?

5/14/2018 1:21:13 PM #6

Posted By Enzeru at 10:35 PM - Mon May 14 2018

Thanks Matriarch.

Protey, I don't understand why a contract is necessary. If it was someone I didn't really know or only knew online that would be one thing but I'm talking about my irl husband lol. A contract seems like a silly waste to me. Is that really how the mechanics work?

Yes that's how the mechanics work in the game, every child is created through a contract.

If you want to be my lover, you gotta get with my friend code: 926EE6

5/14/2018 1:32:34 PM #7

The game doesn't know what the other players relation to you IRL is, so you draw up a child contract before birth and set the parameters.

5/14/2018 4:17:53 PM #8

Posted By Enzeru at 08:05 AM - Mon May 14 2018

Thanks Matriarch.

Child contracts do several things, it's also a potential starting point in character creation whether it is created with a Player or NPC:

• Creates a child of a random sex to enable them to use it as a future heir, or to simply spawn it into the world.
• Sets which parent is responsible for raising the child.
• The culture the child is raised in which sets the tone for their beliefs, religion, language, etc.
• What surname the child will have.

Child Contract and Culture Raising (06-18-17):
alt text

Caspian: No. Bloodlines are used to determine player genetics, such as eye color, hair color, advantages & disadvantages. But which culture you represent is part of your child contract. You're "raised" in one culture or the other.
Caspian: Given that, it's actually possible for a Neran to be raised as a Faedin in a Kypiq-Neran household.

Language and Culture (the third answer) (11-15-17):
alt text

Caspian: It's based on the family contract, actually, as deciding which of the known languages to teach the children is a cultural decision. However, living in a region will allow you to learn the language over time.

Child Contracts (specifically the second paragraph) (02-09-18):
Alt text

Caspian: We have child contracts as a way to agree upon the outcome of the childbirth - which parent is responsible for raising the child, which surname will the child get, etc.. It isn't a representation of sex, nor a replacement for it, but the actual process of creating a child isn't illustrated in game.