COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Increased life spans?

So, I'm curious if life spans will increase as technology improves and standard of living increases? Have the developers considered this and its increased value of sparks?

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

5/13/2018 4:40:14 AM #1

Well, I think naturally that people will live longer as there will be less people dying to diseases. Therefore less people will suffer spirit loss due to sickness. I however don't see the max life span increasing.

5/13/2018 5:32:11 AM #2

I think it will stay at 52 in game years just because I think when you have kids it will be the middle of your life and you will start older those living longer. 1st generation starts at 15 dies at 67 if they never suffer spirit loss. Let's say you had your heir at 35. You now start at 32 and die at 84. And thus everyone is living longer lifes. Play time may not be longer but Elyrians are living longer. And life span has increased.

6/22/2018 3:16:11 AM #3

In a comment in the discord today talking about houses:

Caspian: Joemadly - Today at 3:40 PM I mean I don't care if aesthetic will be part of it but I wanna know if I get stats boost for having shit like WORKING KITCHEN or FOOD STORAGE or a WELL

No stat bonuses. But you'll be able to live longer.

6/22/2018 3:24:56 AM #4

Posted By Obic at 11:16 PM - Thu Jun 21 2018

In a comment in the discord today talking about houses:

Caspian: Joemadly - Today at 3:40 PM I mean I don't care if aesthetic will be part of it but I wanna know if I get stats boost for having shit like WORKING KITCHEN or FOOD STORAGE or a WELL

No stat bonuses. But you'll be able to live longer.

Because your spirit walking less, or spending less time eating manually. Food storage with an Inn will provide the incorporated settlement with food. (In an undisclosed amount covered food) And a well for 3 parcels water.

6/22/2018 5:15:23 AM #5

Posted By Gunghoe at 8:24 PM - Thu Jun 21 2018

And a well for 3 parcels water.

A well covers 9 parcels. More specifically, it covers a 3 x 3 area.

11/3/2018 7:32:10 AM #6

unless they change their pricing model or fund another way to make money from players, no, life expectancy won't increase nor will there be such a thing as immortality

11/3/2018 9:15:42 AM #7

There has been talk of becoming a Lich or a Vampire, Which in that case could increase your life. However, once the Vamp has been killed, or Lich object destroyed they are gone. dead. The soul goes forever.

11/22/2018 2:41:41 PM #8

My hope is that COE sticks to their plan of life spans. I don't mind a mechanic that gives us a FEW extra years, like being a doctor, or farmer...healthy as a horse, but I want to avoid overpowered "max level" characters like we see in so many other games. Basically, I see the game plan of COE staving off all the gamers pining for WOW Vanilla, which is exactly what I want to happen. JMHO.