COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Branding our cattle?

Hi, I couldn't find a similar topic, so I take the risk.

While after the latest journal some of our county discussed about the idea of using certain clothing and accesoires to mark the memberships of guilds we came to an interesting question.

Can you put brand marks on your cattle?

One of our cities is dedicated to animal breeding and why shouldn't it be possible to put a label on our "products" and give the buyers a possibility to brag about what high quality animals he just bought? It also could give some rp opportunities for cattle thievery when someone tries to sell a branded Trison, but strangely doesn't have the papers for it. (Where is the fun in criminal behaviour without the risk of getting caught?)

3/31/2018 3:47:05 PM #1

Along the same lines of Branding for trade reasons. Would you also be able to Castrate. I would think that if you spent many generations doing selective breeding, You would not want to give a prized cattle or horse or any other animal that they will be able to use for breeding with out some one paying a higher premium.

3/31/2018 4:44:11 PM #2

I like these ideas :)

10/4/2018 7:35:15 PM #3

Posted By Happy Heretic at

Can you put brand marks on your cattle?

One of our cities is dedicated to animal breeding and why shouldn't it be possible to put a label on our "products" and give the buyers a possibility to brag about what high quality animals he just bought?

I like the idea for cattle, but what I like even more would be if said city was renowned not because all it's horses had a "W" burned into its flank or some such, but if you knew the horse was from that city because only said city has horses with all white coats and black socks or red eyes or what have you.

Also for castration, easy answer. We get a 15 year old ward of the state to apprentice in animal husbandry, and see if sharp knife + trison + "research" = castration or death.