COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Becoming a Vampire

I plan to be an assassin or scout who is also a vampire. Is it possible to create a character starting out as a vampire? Or is that something I have to come across by chance. PS: I've learned of Chronicles of Elyria through a streamer named Peeve Peeverson on Twitch.tv and he's been telling everyone about this game and how excited he is about it. In short the word of this game is getting out :)

3/17/2018 1:51:45 AM #1

Becoming a vampire is going to be very rare, much like a lich or any magic user. To be blunt, best to think you never become one. That's just how rare it will be. If you are really wanting to plan your whole gameplay around it. Higher chance you will be very disappointed by the outcome.

3/17/2018 1:56:08 AM #2

Vampires are not wholly confirmed to exist beyond some oddly detailed theoreticals that were discussed at one point. They (and Liches) were indicated to be fairly strong and rare entities, such that if they existed and were found (or created) it would be fairly monumental and extremely rare. Should they exist or be playable at some point it was implied they would be somewhat equivalent to raid bosses in other MMOs with lots of caveats on their gameplay and life cycle.

Not saying it's impossible, but I would not expect it to be a likely thing at this time nor would I expect the ability to start as anything that powerful if they do exist in game. At least based on what we currently know.

3/17/2018 2:57:57 AM #3

Vampires?? What are they?

3/17/2018 4:09:29 AM #4

Vampire is not a starting choice. Only the established races. You should absolutely become a scout or assassin - or a spy. A spy might be able to find rumors of where a vampire lair might be. But I'd bet it'd be easier to become a meal than convince the vampire to turn you. ;)

3/29/2018 9:18:22 AM #5

From what they have hinted at you can almost guarantee to never become a vampire. its like winning the lottery, some people do it but you cant really assume you will ever win.

3/30/2018 6:37:45 AM #6

From the hints dropped about vampirism, it may be that a player character that becomes a vampire is no longer fully under the control of the player. The character's soul was said to be "elsewhere", IIRC. This might protect the soul from the taint accruing from vampiric activity, whereas actively participating should definitely taint the soul.

3/30/2018 7:12:08 AM #7

Posted By Poldano at 5:37 PM - Fri Mar 30 201

From the hints dropped about vampirism, it may be that a player character that becomes a vampire is no longer fully under the control of the player.

This would make it interesting , especially if the vampire started giving into temptation while the player is in game. I'm really curious what they'd get up to as OPC's though, and the lengths you'd need to go to to avoid logging in to find he's gone on a very public rampage.

The character's soul was said to be "elsewhere", IIRC. This might protect the soul from the taint accruing from vampiric activity, whereas actively participating should definitely taint the soul.

I heard it was the Litch that had its soul in a different location, didn't realise it was the same with vampires.

Grizzly "The Ogre" Beralindwurm

From the Brudvir Den of Vargviken - E3FA4E

3/30/2018 8:44:36 AM #8

Posted By Poldano at 08:37 AM - Fri Mar 30 2018

From the hints dropped about vampirism, it may be that a player character that becomes a vampire is no longer fully under the control of the player. The character's soul was said to be "elsewhere", IIRC. This might protect the soul from the taint accruing from vampiric activity, whereas actively participating should definitely taint the soul.

Probably 'the hunger' if that drops too low then the player loses control and they go into rampage mode? I believe the character's soul that goes 'elsewhere' is to avoid too much skill progression in a life time while being able to carry it over (believe it's the same for lich).

That's what i speculate anyways.. werewolf could be really hard to manage aswell if theres an ingame rage mangement mechanic.. could be intresting and devastating :D

3/30/2018 10:21:26 AM #9

Vampires?, liches? and magic!? what! there is no such thing never heard of it bah stories that we tell the kids when they muck up ha! vampires these people are insane!.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

3/30/2018 10:28:42 AM #10

Posted By Unavailable at 03:44 AM - Fri Mar 30 2018

Posted By Poldano at 08:37 AM - Fri Mar 30 2018

Probably 'the hunger' if that drops too low then the player loses control and they go into rampage mode? I believe the character's soul that goes 'elsewhere' is to avoid too much skill progression in a life time while being able to carry it over (believe it's the same for lich).

That's what i speculate anyways.. werewolf could be really hard to manage aswell if theres an ingame rage mangement mechanic.. could be intresting and devastating :D

Elsewhere is in the inventory of the vampire who turned you. You have to kill them to get it back.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

4/18/2018 1:12:08 PM #11

I believe in you being a vampire, and if I'm a vampire ill totally bite you bro don't worry.

4/18/2018 1:40:22 PM #12

check the wiki, its better than the 'answers' given in this forum.

vampires are very very rare, but to be a vampire not only would you have to find a vampire, it would have to be a powerful old one capable of stealing your soul and turning you into a vampire. regardless of what the post above says of you losing control of your character, thats not true....you just lose your soul, and now if you die even once youre permadead because there wont be any 'spirit walks' to get back to your body...

if in the very very rare chance you do turn into a vampire, you would have to survive the intitial period where you are a weak vampire only being able to suck part of someones soul, meaning you need more meals, meaning every time you try to feed you risk yourself getting killed. after surviving for years you turn more powerul, eventually you will be able to steal souls and live way longer without feeding. if a vampire is killed, all the souls you hold onto are released to the akashik records for other players to be able to use them again. so vampire playstyle is extremely difficult as they are kill on sight and players will coordinate themselves to hunt you, assuming they have found you to be a vampire.(vampires are hard to detect).

the more souls you steal , the stronger you become.this isnt in the wiki, but i suspect you might be able to steal talents along with souls aswell.

there are also dhampyres. they live normal lifespans but dont appear to age. and they are extremely good at hunting vampires. they are vampire/humann hybrids.

caspian also recently stated that the first vampire we come accross may not be mann.

now, if you were to personally try to explore and become a vampire chances are you wont succeed. BUT a lot of people will think like you, wanting to be vampires.... you can use that thirst they have and form groups with them, build a guild/association maybe an assassin guild with a secret purpose of finding out everything you can about the subject. Who knows, this game is so unique there might eventually be an entire group of people coordinating together as vampires, with their vampire king like in skyrim. its possible... some may say not probable.... but knowing us gamers and our ability to coordinate coupled with our infatuation with vampires, i wouldnt be suprised if if vampire guild actually happened in game....but it would definitely take some time. probably a few lifetimes even after contacting the first vamp.

alt text

4/18/2018 2:30:57 PM #13

When it comes to Lich, Vampire and werewolf type diseases / mutations and even magic users. This isn't something you say hey I want to be a Neran who is 6f tall and is a werewolf. You don't get to choose in creation to be a Lich, Vampire, Were-rabbit, Fire mage. That all comes within the game, is extremely rare and comes with its own risks as stated above.

This isn't World of Warcraft where everyone on the server can be a Werewolf Mage who focuses on Arcane magic. 99.99% of people will probably be normal humanoids ranging from peasants to kings and queens. A rare few might stumble upon an ancient tomb where lies a original vampire who bites you with a slight chance you become a vampire, however most people will never get that opportunity, which is what makes something like that happening all the more special. :D

4/21/2018 4:48:29 AM #14

While the idea is pretty cool, the fact that they could take souls robbing someone of using that soul at character creation would basically mean stake on sight. Honestly unless they change it so it doesn't take away the ability to use that soul and only consumes spirit energy ie gametime at most then i hope that no one manages to become one and if they do that they meet the stake within a week no offense to those that want to play one intended.

Even if you make it past that being a vampire is like having a giant glowing title that says Raid Boss and it will be a murder hobo adventurer magnet.

No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it. -Andrew Carnegie

Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily; even if you had no title or position. -Brian Tracy

4/21/2018 10:46:23 AM #15

Posted By Lorgenz at 4/21/2018 4:48:29 AM

While the idea is pretty cool, the fact that they could take souls robbing someone of using that soul at character creation would basically mean stake on sight. Honestly unless they change it so it doesn't take away the ability to use that soul and only consumes spirit energy ie gametime at most then i hope that no one manages to become one and if they do that they meet the stake within a week no offense to those that want to play one intended.

Even if you make it past that being a vampire is like having a giant glowing title that says Raid Boss and it will be a murder hobo adventurer magnet.

well first you must be detected to be a vampire , which is hard to do. but i think every time a vampire tries to feed is when they are most vulnerable, since detectives/sheriffs can trace that to who among them did the feeding, and once discovered yes then it just means hunting them down. (thats what i thought, im assuming that vampires can blend in with normal human society??)... and youd have to survive for years as a vampire to be able to steal souls and turn others into vamps.

alt text