COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Surname problem "latin script"

I claim my name in two days and I can't wait and Im truly pumped to have my own custom name reserved!!! when the link went live I checked to see if my name Yūrei would work and it would, I checked over the course of a couple days and it remained that It would work. I just so happen to check today and it came back with invalid surname, I tried the regular "u" and it said it was available so therefore I can rule out it was not taken. I looked up online and the letter ū is apart of latin script so Im am confused, I am hoping that it is a bug however I can be very wrong so I wanted to reach out to see if it is a bug. if not well its okay as my name on the forums has no "ū" so I am okay with it not being what I had intended in the game.

so is this a bug or?

thanks in advance!

3/8/2018 4:18:51 AM #1

I noticed the same thing. My name was invalid, then when I changed the î to an i, it became valid. Changing the i back to an î after that stayed valid, despite being the same name that was invalid to begin with.

3/8/2018 5:45:30 AM #2

Posted By Scheneighnay at 11:18 PM - Wed Mar 07 2018

I noticed the same thing. My name was invalid, then when I changed the î to an i, it became valid. Changing the i back to an î after that stayed valid, despite being the same name that was invalid to begin with.

I tried what you did, still no luck sadly. Although I have two days left to for my turn to claim my surname however Knowing that it's a bug is nice to hear!

So it's a known bug at the moment right? Is there any concrete statement from devs or mods on an estimated fix time? I would like to get my name reserved on the time of my turn and if it isnt fixed however I would like to know what I should do.

Cheers!

3/8/2018 7:26:35 AM #3

May contain Extended Latin character set (a-z plus: À, Á, Â, Ã, Ä, Å, Æ, Ç, È, É, Ê, Ë,Í, Î, Ï, Ð, Ñ, Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, Ø, Ù, Ú, Û, Ü, Ý, Þ, ß, à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ, ç, è, é, ê, ë, ì, í, î, ï, ð, ñ, ò, ó, ô, õ, ö, ø, ù, ú, û, ü, ý, þ, ÿ, þ, µ)

Everything outside this doesnt work, so yours has a line? I dont see that line on the list

3/8/2018 10:44:47 PM #4

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 02:26 AM - Thu Mar 08 2018

May contain Extended Latin character set (a-z plus: À, Á, Â, Ã, Ä, Å, Æ, Ç, È, É, Ê, Ë,Í, Î, Ï, Ð, Ñ, Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, Ø, Ù, Ú, Û, Ü, Ý, Þ, ß, à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ, ç, è, é, ê, ë, ì, í, î, ï, ð, ñ, ò, ó, ô, õ, ö, ø, ù, ú, û, ü, ý, þ, ÿ, þ, µ)

Everything outside this doesnt work, so yours has a line? I dont see that line on the list

Well sorry to disappoint you but it's apart of the extended latin character set.

As seen here: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/ū

So even if it's not in the post, it should work

EDIT:

As I stated before in my OP, I tried my ū on the day of the launch and it did work, I continued to check over the course of a few days and it remained working. I checked last night and it didn't work. So I thought it be best to post a bug report

3/8/2018 10:59:51 PM #5

But the macron u is not on the list even if you make fun of violet.

KS Backer 750 Friend Code: 8FF2A7

3/8/2018 11:17:16 PM #6

As part of the extended or not, those are the letters they are allowing. Outside of that they are not allowing. They added and removed a bunch after day one so if its not available now its not available. Those letters I presented you are the letters allowed for use. Anything else is not valid.

3/8/2018 11:56:56 PM #7

Posted By Count_Emiya at 5:59 PM - Thu Mar 08 2018

But the macron u is not on the list even if you make fun of violet.

Make fun? I don't believe I did but meh

Either way as I also have stated I'm okay with not having the ū but I would like it however it's not necessary to me. Still I'm pumped though to reserve my name!

Cheers m8!

3/9/2018 12:08:39 AM #8

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 6:17 PM - Thu Mar 08 2018

As part of the extended or not, those are the letters they are allowing. Outside of that they are not allowing. They added and removed a bunch after day one so if its not available now its not available. Those letters I presented you are the letters allowed for use. Anything else is not valid.

this was my line of thoughts

as there are so many variations of each letter in the Latin alphabet. I thought the devs not listing all variations for the sake of time and for the sake of a long post was what they did. So when I first checked it seemed to work but now it didn't, so I just wanted to post to get a more concrete statement from a mod, players or even devs to verify if what I had thought and or assumed was either wrong or right. It seems I was wrong

Anywho as I stated, I wanted to be sure if it was a bug or not. It makes no difference to me.

Now that I have confirmation I'm happy, I do appreciate you telling me this. I didnt mean to poke fun at anyone nor you and if I offended you in any way im sorry,I really didn't mean it in that way.

Edit:

I was unaware they took out a bunch, I've been inactive due to my job and college. I haven't kept up much in terms of CoE or anything game related so I apologize. I've recently gotten a tad bit more free in terms of work and college and have more time to myself

3/9/2018 12:22:34 AM #9

I'm not offended in any way so absolutely no worries, I was just trying to let you know, as an ambassador I'm always helping people and clarifying things. I could have been more detailed and direct in my first post.

Any who Serp should come around sometime to absolutely confirm or deny it for you ^.^

3/9/2018 12:36:56 AM #10

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 7:22 PM - Thu Mar 08 2018

I'm not offended in any way so absolutely no worries, I was just trying to let you know, as an ambassador I'm always helping people and clarifying things. I could have been more detailed and direct in my first post.

Any who Serp should come around sometime to absolutely confirm or deny it for you ^.^

I'll take your word for it, thanks again! :)

I like the look of Yürei so I might take that instead. I'm pumped to make my mark on the world of Elyria and really can't wait for what's coming next!

3/9/2018 12:43:11 AM #11

If it isn't on the list we provided, regardless of what Latin set it is listed in, we don't allow it.

Thank you everyone :)

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."