COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Creating a family

Will you be able to create your own family with someone? And if so will the surname be customizable or random?

There is no such thing as right or wrong.

2/26/2018 6:18:39 PM #1

Hello there, RaduXD1.

Surnames will be customization with with the appropriate package (Bloodline or above). From there, you will certainly be able to customize your family to your liking. You'd still be able to marry another player and carve out your family from there, but the package is (to my knowledge) the only way to choose your surname. Hope that helps!

2/26/2018 6:24:03 PM #2

Thank you for the reply! If it truly is the only way to choose your surname, then its kind of disappointing as i would buy it if i had the extra money. Had some roleplay plans. Well, still thanks for the info.

2/26/2018 6:42:55 PM #3

Unfortunately, the al la carte item for surnames sold out pretty quickly, but who knows? Sbs might choose to sell them again at some point. If not, perhaps you and your above mentioned "somebody" can come up with the funds? I'd really hate to see roleplay plans on awry for these kinds of reasons.

I'll be hoping for the best!

2/26/2018 6:45:35 PM #4

Thanks =)

2/26/2018 7:06:27 PM #5

RaduXD1, there are currently two methods that will allow you to create your own surname–purchase a package that includes it (Bloodline or above) or purchase the Surname & Coat of Arms add-on a la carte for a lower package. Both these methods are still available and will likely persist through the Exposition phase up until launch when there will be absolutely no further opportunities for custom surnames.

Creating a family is a somewhat complex process; characters in CoE will be able to marry, have children and develop a family of their own, but it takes time engaging in-game to do and won't necessarily happen right off the bat.

2/26/2018 7:39:36 PM #6

I might be able to purchase the Surname & Coat of arms later on if it persists through the Exposition, and if i can't, well i will simply enjoy the process. Thanks for the reply.

2/26/2018 8:37:56 PM #7

But what if two players get married, what surename will they get?

And what surename will the child be given?

test

2/26/2018 8:45:15 PM #8

@John Lionheart: While I can say that children are a contractual agreement and the surname needs to be agreed on by the parents, I'm not entirely sure about marriage. I want to say either name can be taken or both surnames can remain the same, but I'd need some clarification.

3/5/2018 4:00:18 PM #9

I wanted to note that only 1 of you need to get the surname. If i understand the info, you'll be given a code that makes it easier for friends to join your family as an offspring or possibly as a spouse or sibling

3/13/2018 2:00:17 AM #10

If you create a Ward do you get to come up with your own Surname?

From DJ #5 Non-traditional Characters The choice of Ward isn't for everyone and fortunately it isn’t the only way to avoid starting the game as a fifteen year old. We have a little saying, 'every NPC has the potential to become a player'. If you select a starting age over 18 years old on the Birth Date selection screen you have the opportunity to start the game as a 'non-traditional character'. Think of these as the opposite of Wards. You have significantly less control over your character, as their look, name, skills, and abilities are all pre-determined based on the life the NPC has lived up until them, however you can begin the game with an established business, as a reputable adventurer, or even as an existing nobleman. Note that you can change your name through legal means once you enter the game.

where it refers to your name, would that be your full name or just their first name. if it is just a first name how do they come up with the last name for a Ward??

3/13/2018 6:45:29 AM #11

Wards get random surnames

3/16/2018 2:46:56 AM #12

There was a blurb about Wards being named after their orphanage, and/or region, but that's been put up in the air recently, but I think some of the coming work on the Persona systems might bring up more refined rules for naming regulations.

3/26/2018 3:57:40 AM #13

This sound's fun <3 i hope we all can get cool names.

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.