COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Schedule of Release

I know the developers posted a schedule with the dates of the pre-alpha and such awhile back. Can someone point me in the direction that it can be found?

2/22/2018 8:56:36 PM #1

The State of Elyria - July 2017 under "Estimated schedule of development," shows the development schedule. A Year of Foundation also address some things on what they have in development in-depth under "2018, A Year of Progress."

Please note the schedule they posted does not guarantee it will be out on the time listed, it is around when they'll begin development.

To that end, below is an approximate schedule - not of when we expect the work to be complete - but when we expect to be under active development toward a particular deliverable or milestone. Providing a timeline in this format allows us to have an open, transparent, candid conversation about what and when we're working on something, while still giving us the freedom to make changes sprint-to-sprint and change the dates of our internal milestones to suit our development needs.

For easy reading Q3, and Q4 means "Quarter 3 and Quarter 4." T1, T2, and T3 means "trimester 1, 2, or 3," and implies a 4-month window. S1 and S2 means "semester 1 or 2" and implies a six-month window of time.

V3 of the Website (Q3 2017)
ElyriaMUD (Q4 2017)
Alpha 1 (T1 2018)
Server Selection (T1 2018)
Settlement / Domain Selection (T2 2018)
KoE (T2 2018)
Design Experiences (T3 2018)
Alpha 2 (T3 2018)
Beta 1 (S1 2019)
Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit (S1 2019)
Exposition (S1 2019)
Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019)
Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019)
Launch (S2 2019)

2/23/2018 3:23:52 AM #2

I'd also like to note that CoE doesn't seem to come out with new stuff frequently. VoxElyria was meant to come out last year. Besides that, there was supposed to be an architect designer released about two years ago, if the dev journals are to be believed.

(I wasn't around that far back though, so I have little knowledge of that outside of what the dev journals showed.)

I don't really mind, since Soulbound is neither particularly shy about showing progress or giving updates, but I figured it'd be good to know.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

2/23/2018 3:41:52 AM #3

Wait, have we had the ElyriaMUD yet?

2/23/2018 3:44:48 AM #4

Posted By kuthedk at 9:41 PM - Thu Feb 22 2018

Wait, have we had the ElyriaMUD yet?

That would be a negative.

Ehhh.

2/23/2018 4:03:55 AM #5

Posted By Desophyr at 2:23 PM - Fri Feb 23 2018

I'd also like to note that CoE doesn't seem to come out with new stuff frequently. VoxElyria was meant to come out last year. Besides that, there was supposed to be an architect designer released about two years ago, if the dev journals are to be believed.

That timeline showing Vox last year was when they would start working on it. Which seems they be still on time, since they have family and friends playing it atm.

I never heard the architect designer was meant to come out two years back, would have been weird timing before the KS even happened.

2/23/2018 4:52:50 AM #6

It was one of the design journals back in 2015 in November. The Housing and architecture journal.

Here's a little excerpt from the journal back in November almost two years ago:

>"We’ll actually be providing a stand-alone version of the architecture tool next Spring so people can get their hands on it early and see what it feels like to design buildings in Chronicles of Elyria. As player-created content is paramount to the success of Chronicles of Elyria and isn’t part of our business model, the tool will be made freely available to everyone."

As for Vox, I had assumed it was meant to be a public release. Guess I must've been wrong.

Ehhh.

2/23/2018 4:58:45 AM #7

Here's the full link, actually.

(Sorry for the double post. Mobile bugged out. Can't delete posts either.)

Ehhh.

2/24/2018 2:31:12 AM #8

Ah yeah within a DJ. Those things change so much overtime. Would have been awesome to get that already.

2/24/2018 4:10:17 AM #9

If I had the money I would definitely pledge to get access to alpha 1. Unfortunately being a single father with 3 kids most of my funds are spent on them. I do however test games very well so if you ever decide to give early access to someone based on game experience of mmorpg's I am your guy. I await the day of launch

FOR ATRAVIA!!!!!!

2/24/2018 4:21:21 AM #10

Posted By Desophyr at 9:23 PM - Thu Feb 22 2018

(I wasn't around that far back though, so I have little knowledge of that outside of what the dev journals showed.)

I don't really mind, since Soulbound is neither particularly shy about showing progress or giving updates, but I figured it'd be good to know.

It's one of those things in development which get shuffled around, the Architecture Tool will be released somewhere with Alpha 2.

2/25/2018 2:55:44 AM #11

Thanks for the answers all!