COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Multi Generation Stats

If on first character we live long and level up stats high, for the heir who would normally be able to surpass parents, say they die alot and get permadeath before they surpass the parents stats. Would the 3rd Generation have less potential than the second?

2/22/2018 8:01:49 PM #1

Actually, the way things are working right now, the answer is a bit of a "mixed bag:" If your second character somehow lost skill through their lifetime, then your third character might potentially suffer for it. However, if your second character simply died over and over and there was no skill loss, your third character would very likely be fine.

However, you might lose access to certain techniques under your skills, as the way techniques are preserved is different from the way the skills are themselves within the soul. So you might not start the next character at exactly the same capability, but it's unlikely to be as a result of losing your skills.

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
2/22/2018 8:03:40 PM #2

Thank you :)

2/26/2018 7:25:45 AM #3

Posted By Snipehunter at 3:01 PM - Thu Feb 22 2018

Actually, the way things are working right now, the answer is a bit of a "mixed bag:" If your second character somehow lost skill through their lifetime, then your third character might potentially suffer for it. However, if your second character simply died over and over and there was no skill loss, your third character would very likely be fine.

However, you might lose access to certain techniques under your skills, as the way techniques are preserved is different from the way the skills are themselves within the soul. So you might not start the next character at exactly the same capability, but it's unlikely to be as a result of losing your skills.

Hope that helps! :)

Care to elaborate? I was under the impression from what was said in the past that you essentially start from square one when you put the same soul into another body but you've got a higher soft cap, or it's faster to get back to where you left off.

If it's only going off skill loss, does that mean that our characters start out with the same skills when you move the soul to the next in line or even a NTC?

So if this was the case, you'd start with the skills, but lack the techniques. Then what could make you lose the skill other than not using it, and causing atrophy?

Finally, so there isn't any skill progression to get back to where you left off, on the previous character?

2/26/2018 11:58:25 AM #4

Posted By Gunghoe at 11:25 PM - Sun Feb 25 2018

So if this was the case, you'd start with the skills, but lack the techniques. Then what could make you lose the skill other than not using it, and causing atrophy?

It's foggy but if I recall, doing criminal acts and being punished for it (or dying?) causes skill loss. At least for murder. It's one of the setbacks of being a ganker.

2/26/2018 1:32:01 PM #5

Posted By Snipehunter at 2:01 PM - Thu Feb 22 2018

However, you might lose access to certain techniques under your skills, as the way techniques are preserved is different from the way the skills are themselves within the soul.

Posted By Gunghoe at 01:25 AM - Mon Feb 26 2018

you'd start with the skills, but lack the techniques

Could someone quickly explain what is "technique" in-game? I haven't seen it mentioned previously, nor on the wiki.

I understand that your skill level is your proficiency with that skill. Are techniques the blueprints, recipes, etc.?

2/26/2018 2:31:51 PM #6

Posted By Ravenlute at 05:58 AM - Mon Feb 26 2018

Posted By Gunghoe at 11:25 PM - Sun Feb 25 2018

It's foggy but if I recall, doing criminal acts and being punished for it (or dying?) causes skill loss. At least for murder. It's one of the setbacks of being a ganker.

Right. It's a simulation of jail time. It's as if your character was sitting in a cell not working out or using their skills for X years.

2/26/2018 2:48:12 PM #7

Posted By gtox at 10:32 AM - Mon Feb 26 2018

Could someone quickly explain what is "technique" in-game? I haven't seen it mentioned previously, nor on the wiki.

I understand that your skill level is your proficiency with that skill. Are techniques the blueprints, recipes, etc.?

Probably something like "with X in use shield skill you can bash, with X in archery you can zoom in" probably this kind of thing. As in Skyrim and other games.