COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Gender strenght

I don't know if this topic has been already taken care of, but i didn't find any post related. We all can notice the efforts devs are putting in making the game as realistic as possible so i was wondering: in real life, men are generally phisically stronger than women. Will they keep this factor?

2/21/2018 2:49:13 PM #1

Menn and Men are two different beasts. There will be no difference between Womenn and Menn in terms of overall strength.

2/21/2018 2:52:38 PM #2

You can look at the various released tribe images in the news section for the visual differences between menn and womenn (since in the game we are the tribes of mann, that is extra n is part of the lore)

but mickdude is correct as far as I know. Neither sex will have an advantage of strength or mental attributes

2/21/2018 3:13:27 PM #3

Strength is only determined by the choices the player makes and not the appearance they were born into. Ie. If you choose to pound on swords all day with a hammer vs reading and writing contracts all day, one is going to be vastly stronger/built than the other (where as the other person would probably have better mental attributes to compensate)

2/21/2018 3:21:39 PM #4

In reality, men are generally stronger than women due to culture and how humans have evolved due to that type of culture. In the past, men have been the hunters, and women the gatherers, but if our past cultures had that the other way around, women would be the stronger side of the sexes.

Now in CoE, players make the culture going forward (once the game starts), and if the majority of players want to play as females and want to have them bulk up with muscle, and those who play males end up being generally weaker, then thats up to the players.

Strength will be an individual thing based on your characters activities, so if females end up doing all the heavy lifting (and other strength related activities), you'll find more strong women than men.

But if two players, one male and one female put in equal amounts of effort into increasing their strength, they'll be just as strong as each other

2/21/2018 5:00:05 PM #5

Posted By Nagash at 09:21 AM - Wed Feb 21 2018

In reality, men are generally stronger than women due to culture and how humans have evolved due to that type of culture. In the past, men have been the hunters, and women the gatherers, but if our past cultures had that the other way around, women would be the stronger side of the sexes.

Now in CoE, players make the culture going forward (once the game starts), and if the majority of players want to play as females and want to have them bulk up with muscle, and those who play males end up being generally weaker, then thats up to the players.

Strength will be an individual thing based on your characters activities, so if females end up doing all the heavy lifting (and other strength related activities), you'll find more strong women than men.

But if two players, one male and one female put in equal amounts of effort into increasing their strength, they'll be just as strong as each other

And the primary factor, testosterone. But sbs is ignoring that part of genetics in favor of a more balanced game.

2/21/2018 9:00:16 PM #6

A lot of people like playing with woman characters, it would ruin it for them. I am all for realism, unless it's gamebreaking/restricting :)

2/23/2018 12:15:27 AM #7

Ah good ol' dimorphism.

I'd think it would by interesting regardless. Larger humanoids having more strength while smaller would have more dexterity. A female could have more dexterity and make them better seamstresses while a male would have more strength and stamina to make them better blacksmiths.

Oh well, seems easier to just have everyone on a level playing field gender-wise. I still remember the good days of playing morrowind and having gender be a factor with main stats.

Friend Code: BA3E0A

2/23/2018 12:59:14 AM #8

I like the explanation that they added an n and that changes everything. Have they actually posted on this cause it seems unlike them. There will be randomness to stats, no reason why they wouldn’t modify the forumales based on gender as well. Seems like there is so much detail that that would be an oversight.

Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide. ~Napoleon Bonaparte Friend Code: 27AA6C

Stalwart Proving Grounds in Boros County Duchy of The Stormlands Kingdom of Vornair Luna.

2/24/2018 12:24:21 PM #9

As far as I know they've said girls are weaker, but have a different attribute favored. I can't remember when this was said but just like tribe disparity, there is gender disparity too.,. No reason why there wouldn't be.

2/24/2018 1:10:25 PM #10

I am pretty sure something has been said that the sexes will have differences in regards to raising their stats and that there will be a slight disparity between the sexes. The males may get a benefit in strength but the females may get an equal but opposite benefit in agility or with a stat from a different stat group such as the Mental stats or Social stats.

Nothing is going to be ruined for female characters if they have say, one point less in strength but one more point in agility. People are straight up just making things up now all in the name of the crusade. This game isn't just about beating people over the head or a contest of whom can chop down a tree faster. There will be plenty of game play styles that likely find quite a few stats to be more important than strength will be. Not having equal strength is game breaking?? Doubt it.

Besides, different characters of the same tribe are going to start with varied stats anyways based upon their profession and genetics. All this talk about Menn and Womenn having to have the exact same strength stat is just short sighted and silly. Sorry if that offends but that is just being real. The stats are more complex than that.