COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Danger on the High Seas - Bloodline giveaway!

The "Danger on the High Seas" lore contest!

As the founder of the Elyrian Assistance Program, I wanted to up the ante and put a Bloodline pledge package up for grabs to those willing to put in the work for it.

Rewards:

• 1x Bloodline pledge package
  • 1st-3rd place will have their stories written down in books in game and placed within the Siren's Shore Grand Library.

Lore contest rules:

• Story length needs to be 5-10k words long to qualify.
  • Story takes place on the High Seas as either a pirate/sailor and the story must detail a grand adventure.
  • No REAL LIFE bigotry, prejudice, racism is allowed (though I don't expect this to be a problem). Bigotry, prejudice, racism about IN GAME characters, places, or tribe is fair game.
  • The contest will run from now until 11:59pm CST on February 28th.
Disclaimer: By submitting your entry into the contest, you give myself and the EAP rights to use your story in the future with proper citing and references included.

All entries should be submitted on the Fanfiction & Roleplaying forum. It is advised that you leave a link to your story in this forum to make sure that you story isn't lost and is registered as an entry.

Also, to identify the posts that are entries into the contest, the following text should be displayed at the top in italics:

This short story is an entry into the Dangers on the High Seas Lore Contest.

Judges:

• Daemon_Redwyne
  • CaptainSeli
  • Vigorish

We will be using the following criteria to judge the stories:

10% – Premise/Concept. (The idea behind the story)

20% – Presentation. (Formatting of the story)

20% – Structure / Plot & Pacing. (The actions, events, conflicts, and turning points that move the story forward)

15% – Characters & Dialogue. (Character depth and effective revelation of characters’ personalities and motivations)

15% – Theme. (The underlying message of the story, revealed through plot, dialogue, and visualization)

20% – Style/Tone. (The quality of the writing. Does it effectively convey the mood or “feel” of the story?)

Current Entries:

The Amberwitch

The Ship’s Crew

Coldbone Crew

The Creaking Ship

Haven

The Myth of the Soul

Winners!:

1st: The Creaking Ship

2nd: The Amberwitch

3rd: Coldbone Crew

For more information on the Elyrian Assistance Program, you can find the link to our discord here.

2/8/2018 12:36:31 AM #1

(Reserved)

2/8/2018 12:46:19 AM #2

Very nice, I'm glad to see everyone pulling out all the stops with these community contests, I'll be sure to show this to some friends who might compete.

2/8/2018 12:49:34 AM #3

So cool, good luck to everyone!

2/8/2018 12:52:38 AM #4

Excellent contest. Thank you for helping spur the community.

One question: as a count can I enter and if chosen give the package to a friend? Or do you want to limit this to those below Bloodline. -Thanks

2/8/2018 1:01:26 AM #5

Bring it on.

- Grand Ambassador for Vornair, Protector of the Ash Forest, Lord of Ashford.

2/8/2018 1:02:59 AM #6

Reserved..

2/8/2018 1:10:20 AM #7

Posted By Londo at 6:52 PM - Wed Feb 07 2018

Excellent contest. Thank you for helping spur the community.

One question: as a count can I enter and if chosen give the package to a friend? Or do you want to limit this to those below Bloodline. -Thanks

I'll not be doing any checks to see if participants have a pledge already or not if that helps.

2/8/2018 9:03:16 PM #8

Very excited for this opportunity!

2/9/2018 12:39:51 AM #9

So are we sure on the 8-12k word mark? I sat down for an afternoon and am realizing just how extensive a number that is. Currently at 1600 and figuring its already getting too long winded.

Perhaps this sort of scale just isn't what I'm capable of at the moment I guess. Totally love the idea of getting in lore/story books for placing in game though.

2/9/2018 7:54:45 PM #10

Arrrr! I look forward to these entries! Good luck everyone!

2/9/2018 8:05:25 PM #11

Posted By Zemis at 6:39 PM - Thu Feb 08 2018

So are we sure on the 8-12k word mark? I sat down for an afternoon and am realizing just how extensive a number that is. Currently at 1600 and figuring its already getting too long winded.

Perhaps this sort of scale just isn't what I'm capable of at the moment I guess. Totally love the idea of getting in lore/story books for placing in game though.

I was feeling the same as I sat down to write. That's about 15 pages.

I'm definitely willing to give that a go, but feeling like I'm rambling needlessly at the moment, heh.

Perhaps I need to make a better outline.

2/9/2018 8:22:06 PM #12

Do remember the prize is worth 120$!

2/9/2018 8:35:44 PM #13

Posted By CaptainSeli at 2:22 PM - Fri Feb 09 2018

Do remember the prize is worth 120$!

That's a fair point.

Time to flesh out my outline a little better.

2/9/2018 9:33:54 PM #14

I've scaled back the required length just a tad for you guys. Stories need to be 5-10k now.

2/12/2018 5:41:18 PM #15

Only 16 days to go folks!