COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Beta!

Has Beta started for this game? If not any indication when it will start?

1/21/2018 3:19:52 AM #1

I believe the current, updated timeline is as follows, which means Beta will start sometime in the first semester of 2019.

V3 of the Website (Q3 2017)

ElyriaMUD (Q4 2017)

Alpha 1 (T1 2018)

Server Selection (T1 2018)

Settlement / Domain Selection (T2 2018)

KoE (T2 2018)

Design Experiences (T3 2018)

Alpha 2 (T3 2018)

Beta 1 (S1 2019)

Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit (S1 2019)

Exposition (S1 2019)

Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019)

Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019)

Launch (S2 2019)

1/21/2018 3:35:43 AM #2

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/23401/a-year-of-foundation

See this update.

Alpha 1 for VoxElyria is slated for sometime around April, Alpha 1 for the game using the UE4 is going to be towards the end of the year.

V3 of the site is coming up in the next few months, Settlement/Domain selection seems to have moved up to T1 of 2018.

People with Beta can probably expect access to VoxElyria sometime in the second half of the year maybe, but Beta for the UE4 client probably won't be until T1 of 2019 but who can say?

Either way we seem vaguely on the path they said a year ago (which is what is above) though some things have changed because ElyriaMud is now VoxElyria and some other things.

1/1/2019 10:24:28 PM #3

How about a little revival and update to this thread as we have entered upon the year of 2019 and I really want to purchase the founder or settler pack but would also like to get started right away into the actual contents and testings.

1/1/2019 10:25:21 PM #4

We are still only in Pre-Alpha available to devs friends and family. If you'd like more information to be kept up to date, keep an eye on the news section.

1/1/2019 10:44:09 PM #5

Domain and settlement selection is coming February. After that we don't have an accurate timeline.

1/1/2019 10:46:39 PM #6

Posted By Stormbreaker at 3:44 PM - Tue Jan 01 2019

Domain and settlement selection is coming February. After that we don't have an accurate timeline.

That is incorrect.

There is absolutely no date for Domain and settlement selection. We were publicly told on discord between jan and march.

1/2/2019 11:57:28 PM #7

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 10:46 PM - Tue Jan 01 2019

That is incorrect.

There is absolutely no date for Domain and settlement selection. We were publicly told on discord between jan and march.

However they did say there is no reason they cant achieve it by February! Lets be hopeful and see you all in the gam... I mean see you all soon!

When death smiles, smile harder ;)

Friend code: 775D6F

1/3/2019 12:13:39 AM #8

That is incorrect.

Caspian said and I quote:

"We've been working on it already, so late January is possible. February seems more reasonable with all the other stuff we've got coming up."

"No dates set for Domain Selection yet. I estimate February some time."

Therefore it is likely February, if however it is not and is infact "late January" then three things.

1. It's come a little early which is a nice positive thing.

2. Domain selection will TAKE WEEKS, meaning if it starts "late January" then it'll go into at least half of FEBRUARY.

3. For someone who is rank 5, ie. the thread starter, February would be likely the month their opening to select domain occurs whether domain selection starts January or February thus the timestamp is accurate for the OP.

1/3/2019 3:51:18 AM #9

Posted By Stormbreaker at 5:13 PM - Wed Jan 02 2019

That is incorrect.

"We've been working on it already, so late January is possible. February seems more reasonable with all the other stuff we've got coming up."

Therefore it is likely February, if however it is not and is infact "late January" then three things.

2. Domain selection will TAKE WEEKS, meaning if it starts "late January" then it'll go into at least half of FEBRUARY.

3. For someone who is rank 5, ie. the thread starter, February would be likely the month their opening to select domain occurs whether domain selection starts January or February thus the timestamp is accurate for the OP.

He also stated that it was his own opinion of when it would occur. However, the team said March instead. Should probably include those quotes and then the end of the conversation where he stated that it would/could take place in January-March.

It’s my responsibility as an ambassador to include any and all information for better understanding if possible. And that includes this where the conclusion statement was January - March

1/3/2019 3:00:06 PM #10

Something else to keep in mind:

This is an undertaking that has never really happened. True, they now have a basic understanding of where boundaries for kingdoms lay, but they haven't generated towns yet, only basic landmarks (i.e. The Lonely Mountain, the Hollow Grotto, named places).

With what our dear ambassador said, they have quotes of a rough guide for when things will start picking up steam. They have kept to the guide they released that was quoted, with a slight variation or two.

The team is trying to get everything ready for us, while Caspian is trying to assure us we'll be getting fresh content soon. They never really put out half-finished content, so just be confident that the game should emerge in its final form towards the end of the year.

That means, among other things, Beta will occur (likely) in the summer. Just don't get mad if they push back the release date a time or two, as a complete project is better than a hurried one.

Melfice Czermoon, Mayor of Czermoon Friend Code: 111FC9

1/3/2019 4:43:02 PM #11

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 03:51 AM - Thu Jan 03 2019

Posted By Stormbreaker at 5:13 PM - Wed Jan 02 2019

That is incorrect.

He also stated that it was his own opinion of when it would occur. However, the team said March instead. Should probably include those quotes and then the end of the conversation where he stated that it would/could take place in January-March.

It’s my responsibility as an ambassador to include any and all information for better understanding if possible. And that includes this where the conclusion statement was January - March

Regardless of whether it's January, February or March the event is over several weeks, it's going to be spread across more than one month. Saying February is as good as saying January to March as it's the median point and if any month is going to be involved it'll be February. If you wanna be the ambassador make a statement with the information and don't involve someone else, don't try to correct someone who isn't wrong, this back and forth could have been avoided.

btw, Caspian quote: "FWIW, I didn't say it would be March. I've said it would be before March so people have some expectation of the window we're looking at."

1/3/2019 5:11:26 PM #12

Many things are going to happen during 2019, and that is a good point : D&SS, Alpha, and who knows maybe even KoE and Beta.

It s also sure that there won't be : game Launch, Prologue, or Expo in 2019. This is hopefully for 2020.

If not, then this not a good news for us and SBS as well, because in three years the game market change a lot.

Eolwyn Lunicorne

1/4/2019 1:32:07 AM #13

The amount of misinformation you are spreading Stormbreaker. Unless I have missed some official post on domain selection. We don't know much of anything. All we have is Caspian making a comment on discord about when he expects it will drop.

Which really means little. Remember last year he was saying on discord he expected map voting to drop in May? They have basically got every date wrong so far. So I wouldn't take this rough guess as somehow hard fact of when it will happen.

Again, unless I have missed some post on the forums, in which case a link will be nice. How do you know how long it will go for? Saying it will go for whatever random time, when from my knowledge they have never come out and given details on it.

While anything on discord, as everyone says, is unofficial. Until some forum post is made. If Caspian was so sure domain selection was coming in Feb, then surely a post would have been made already. Give people time to prepare etc.

1/4/2019 2:03:25 AM #14

A lot of being an ambassador is being able to provide the full answer with the full information and a lot of the time that means correcting people and presenting the full context or information with the correct information where misinformation is spread to help the community understand better and not have expectations that don’t get met again.

as Gunnlang explainEd, none of it is official, it’s simply a discussion on discord to when we could see it drop and the end conclusion to the discussion was between January and March. Other than that there isn’t an official post or anything stating when it actually is or when to expect it, so there isn’t a date set, just an estimate on when things can potentially take place and it’s a quite wide window for things to happen.

There are a lot of things that need to take place before domain selection, however domain selection is the next major thing.

Basically, it’s best to provide the end result of the conversation because that ends up being the most updated/accurate. Caspian said he thinks one date, his team thinks something else. It’s a team effort and involves everyone. If the team together says longer, it may require longer and is best to go by that as caspian said. However, as he said too, “if you believe the rumours”. Until it’s on the forums. It’s not official at all, it’s just a conversation that took place on discord.

1/4/2019 6:39:18 PM #15

It's coming in February, even if it starts in January it'll also be february, there will be domain picking within the month of february and when it comes in February I'll await the apology.

and that screengrab you made was from last Tuesday, there's been tons more said since then. Now I'm not gonna keep arguing about it here, if you wanna argue PM me on discord.