COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Vampirism, Lichdom, and "Eternal Life"

I couldn't really think of any other place to put this question so I'll just blurt it out: Are Vampirism and Lichdom actually going to be in the game? I had heard nearly a year ago that these were forms of, "eternal life" committed to in game by means of dark rituals and pushing your soul onto a phylactery. I also heard the bodies of these Vampires and Liches would continue to rot as they aged, going on to become mere skeletons by the end. If someone could correct me on this or reassure me on these concepts it would be much appreciated. Also any form of discussion would be amazing as I adore these stories. Thanks! - sincerely Ezra Bloodstar

3/9/2018 9:29:40 PM #16

So, a persons evil deeds may help make them a Lich? Caspian also mentioned at some point that weird/dark shit happens when the dead are not disposed of correctly...DO I need to police graveyards now too? lol Shit, sorry ma'am we didnt bury your family correctly and now they are ZOMBIES!

3/10/2018 1:52:37 PM #17

I really hope they will be in. I loved Vamps and Lycans in The elder scrolls though they were nerfed quickly.. still a cool addition !

When you want to shoot, shoot dont talk!

4/4/2018 9:37:23 AM #18

Posted By LukeSpyro at 3:46 PM - Sun Mar 04 2018

If I am ever a vampire, then here is my plan:

1. Gain strength at rapid pace and move constantly with fake identities.

2. Kill the elder vampire who turned me.

3. Think of something to do......

Sounds like a solid proof plan

Kingdom of Ashland > Duchy of Sanctaphandri > County of Osthelia > Stronghold of Yaeger

4/4/2018 10:12:08 AM #19

So to become a vampire one needs to get killed by one and the person who killed you will "eat" your soul. But what if you attack that vampire which killed you will your soul enter back your body? or what? Will there be a vampire with a soul?

4/4/2018 2:51:33 PM #20

Killing a Vampire releases the souls it has consumed.

4/4/2018 5:05:15 PM #21

It would explain why I keep coming back to life in RP

- Shmuck

4/4/2018 7:27:59 PM #22

Tiffany - Today at 4:20 PM Ah so "no vampires" :wink: :wink: like we're not supposed to know about them xD

Caspian - Today at 4:21 PM @Tiffany :thumbsup:

Caspian - Today at 4:21 PM @Tiffany :thumbsup: Seriously though, Vampires, if they do exist, won't be seen right at launch.

Caspian - Today at 4:21 PM There are other things that need to happen first in the story. :smiley:

Tiffany - Today at 4:21 PM I'm just gonna go for a birth on a full planetary alignment and hope I become a mage. It's gotta do something, surely.

Caspian - Today at 4:22 PM @Tiffany I recommend focusing on Sanguinis.

Tiffany - Today at 4:26 PM By the way... focusing on sanguinis, that was for mage or vampire? Sounds like vampire since sanguine is basically blood.

Caspian - Today at 4:27 PM :wink:

Caspian - Today at 4:29 PM Sanguinis is the Qin of Death. His most notable achievements are being grandfather to the Qin of War, and being extremely hateful of Mann, the illegitimate child of Ao (Qin of Life), and his wife, the Qin of Darkness. So, Mann and all his descendants are his wife's kids - but not his. Just sayin'.

Rhaegys - Today at 4:29 PM The old nanies tales say that vampires on Elyria don't feed on blood so...

Rhaegys - Today at 4:30 PM But he is also the father of Daemon... and he's the best of the bunch...

Caspian - Today at 4:30 PM To be fair, he's also the grandfather of Erishé.

Esoba - Today at 4:31 PM Oh, is that a new tidbit

Caspian - Today at 4:31 PM Err.. Erathor. Same thing. :smiley:

Caspian - Today at 4:31 PM Erishé are the descendants of Erathor. At least, according to them. :wink:

Caspian was saying how if I wanted to be a mage or vampire I should focus on Sanguinis. Are there any days, weeks, or months closely associated with Sanguinis? From what I'm reading it seems like Luna created Sanguinis so I'm guessing Sanguinis would be most associated with Lunai (month) and they're Qin, so Qinder (day)?

He was also talking about how mann are from Sanguinis' wife Luna cheating on him with the Qin of Life Ao, so he pretty much hates them. He was also talking about how the Erishé are basically his grandchildren.

My working theory is that Sanguinis creates vampires to eat the souls of mann out of spite. I also suspect that Sanguinis himself may well be imprisoned in the desert the Erishé live in - you know that early concept art we got of that red-ish desert with that skull cave? I think that could be where he is.

And there's that lore page on the Qindred that talks about how the Ancients are imprisoned and are going to be awakened by mann and trigger this apocalyptic The Awakening event. And Caspian was saying how certain events are going to have to happen in-game for vampires to show up, and I think that's probably it. If Sanguinis gets free he's probably going to then create the vampires to eat the souls of mann, it makes sense. So if I wanna become a dhampyr (no, not a typo - see the link) I may kinda have to trigger the apocalypse.

As for what I'm talking about:

Some people say that when your body dies, your soul returns to a great library called the Akashic Records. That within its halls are row upon rows of cloistered chambers each filled with books and scrolls containing all the deeds of every life you've lived. It's believed that within its chambers a soul can read over their past lives and learn from their mistakes in preparation for their next life. It's also said that every soul is born with a purpose, that they choose a precise time and place in which to be born so they can learn the lessons needed to attain enlightenment. If that's true, then I choose this life, my curse is my sacrifice and at the same time is my gift to the world but while my waerd is one of loneliness, I will not relent, I will do what must be done to prevent the Awakening! It was Mann-kind who sealed away the ancients and it will be Mann-kind who releases them. Through our own ignorance we will set them free upon the world once more, and it has already begun, I have foreseen it. So I beseech you, if you are one of my Qin, a follower of the light, or a Virtorian who uploads the virtues we fought so desperately for. Then now is the time. Return to us Elyrian! Come now! - Anara Starsong. Keeper of Chronicles

Also interesting. Will mann be able to venture into Haven or Karcion planes? If the Astral Plane separate and connects the three planes then perhaps we must do it while dead? I'm told there will be a trait for astral plain walkers which is supposed to be super rare, so maybe that is the prerequisite.

If any of you interested in vampires are on NA-W I plan on setting out at some point to cross the ocean and find Sanguinis to trigger the creation of vampires if any of you are interested in joining me in that little quest.

Edit: I would be remiss if I did not also mention this:

There is rumor of an ancient relic handed down by the Antepyrovians that suspends the normal aging process. But what length would the Children of Mann go to, to obtain such an object? Would anyone be safe wearing something so coveted? - Anara Starsong. Keeper of Chronicles

5/9/2018 8:27:36 PM #23

I hope there are enough undead hunters that these things won't be commonplace. I remember playing ESO and everyone was either a vampire or a werewolf. Even though I want to play as one myself, I propose the hunting of these entities be made legal.

5/17/2018 12:48:06 AM #24

My every desire is to marry a Lich or Vampire king, (or at least be the "sexy blindly in love female follower who is loyal though conflicted about her role"). <3 u <3 So I do hope these become a thing. Stimulate my inner demon-loving fangirl.

~Currently browsing around possibilities and invites, haven't settled on anything yet!~

Game Development/jRPG/Horror&Sci-fi/Animuuu/2d Animation Enthusiast

5/17/2018 4:43:53 AM #25

Vampires are a myth ............until one bites you on your butt

5/17/2018 9:11:21 AM #26

Posted By SirEzra at

I couldn't really think of any other place to put this question so I'll just blurt it out: Are Vampirism and Lichdom actually going to be in the game? I had heard nearly a year ago that these were forms of, "eternal life" committed to in game by means of dark rituals and pushing your soul onto a phylactery. I also heard the bodies of these Vampires and Liches would continue to rot as they aged, going on to become mere skeletons by the end. If someone could correct me on this or reassure me on these concepts it would be much appreciated. Also any form of discussion would be amazing as I adore these stories. Thanks! - sincerely Ezra Bloodstar

They're legends that may or may not exist.
At least, as far as your character is concerned.

And it's best to think of them that way. If you see them, good, if you don't, well, they're just legends.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

5/17/2018 10:44:18 AM #27

Posted By Nameless_Necromancer at 5/9/2018 8:27:36 PM

I hope there are enough undead hunters that these things won't be commonplace. I remember playing ESO and everyone was either a vampire or a werewolf. Even though I want to play as one myself, I propose the hunting of these entities be made legal.

They are going to hunted down. Death to the abominations!

[EU] [House Wolvendale]

5/20/2018 9:49:57 PM #28

i hope it's just a rumor tbh. especially the vampire bit. not keen on my guy getting his soul eaten by XXdankmuffin43XX

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn

5/23/2018 4:15:58 AM #29

Don’t be scared until we have info lol

5/23/2018 5:14:11 AM #30

If vampires do exist, kingdoms will employ the powerful ones that are capable of stealing an entire soul. Whenever a criminal breaks the law they will be caught and instead of dealing out the spirit loss, the bounty hunter will take the criminal to the court vampire so that his soul will be taken from him. Promptly afterwards the criminal will be executed and perma-die because he was turned into a vamp before being killed.

Kingdom is happy

Vamp is happy

Deviant is dead and Caspian is face-palming.

alt text