COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
Vampirism, Lichdom, and "Eternal Life"

I couldn't really think of any other place to put this question so I'll just blurt it out: Are Vampirism and Lichdom actually going to be in the game? I had heard nearly a year ago that these were forms of, "eternal life" committed to in game by means of dark rituals and pushing your soul onto a phylactery. I also heard the bodies of these Vampires and Liches would continue to rot as they aged, going on to become mere skeletons by the end. If someone could correct me on this or reassure me on these concepts it would be much appreciated. Also any form of discussion would be amazing as I adore these stories. Thanks! - sincerely Ezra Bloodstar

1/19/2018 7:28:19 PM #1

Yes, they will be in the game. I doubt they will be present at launch, as in, I doubt they are even working on these things presently, but it's confirmed that it will be added in the future.

1/19/2018 8:34:31 PM #2

Lich - A Lich is a player whose evil actions have allowed them to be able to store their soul in a phylactery. This means that if their physical form is destroyed, they will still be able to respawn. Their phylactery must be destroyed before they can be truly killed. A lich who died and reincarnated as a mortal will have no skill ramps.

Vampire - The vampire are a a race of people who feed on the spirit/souls of others. Weaker Vampires just drain spirit from their targets, reducing their overall life span. The more powerful Vampires can consume a person's soul entirely, sustaining them for much longer, and increasing their power. Doing so "captures" the soul, making it no longer playable by the owner. As well, the person who lost their soul becomes a Vampire themselves. A Vampire is extremely difficult to kill, and has many of the known advantages/disadvantages from lore. [1].

Basically we know very little about either. As for those living in the world best bet is they treat such things as legends and myths. Bottom line both are exceedingly rare as such even if the design were fully complete we would never know details as discovery is half the fun of myths and legends.

1/19/2018 9:46:33 PM #3

And as for the whole aged skeletal form, I believe that will be a Lich specific quality.

However on a totally unlikely, and hypothetical side note; I think it would be exceedingly amazing if a Lich, who'd managed to live long enough in their state, wound up being able to further evolve into a Demilich... ( Ooo's & Ahhh's )

1/19/2018 10:43:15 PM #4

If anyone becomes a vampire please let me know I want you to have my babies.

2/12/2018 10:45:45 AM #5

I've "jokingly" offered my character a host an initial outbreak of contagious vampirism or lycanthropy. I doubt it will be a thing upon launch. Alas if someone has to be the first I still volunteer to take one for the team.

2/12/2018 12:30:58 PM #6

Posted By Nimb at 6:45 PM - Mon Feb 12 2018

I've "jokingly" offered my character a host an initial outbreak of contagious vampirism or lycanthropy. I doubt it will be a thing upon launch. Alas if someone has to be the first I still volunteer to take one for the team.

Stake through the heart and all?

2/14/2018 6:06:42 AM #7

Posted By Nimb at 04:45 AM - Mon Feb 12 2018

That sounds like something anyone would volunteer for. Who doesn't want to be among the first to get sweet new abilities and playstyles? Whatever the consequences may be.

Ehhh.

Friend Code: 9AA6A4

2/14/2018 6:16:36 AM #8

Liches, vampires, and all other forms of "eternal life" spit in the face of Sanguinis and his balance over life and death.

They should all be destroyed...

2/14/2018 6:17:31 AM #9

Euh no burn that unholy beast I wouldn't want to sacrifice my soul. Besides it's more awesome to be the first vampire Slayer anyways.

test

3/4/2018 10:01:12 AM #10

What if you were a lich and you made your phalactory into a ring and gave it away or sold it. You nor anyone would know where it is. That is until someone kills you and you spawn near it 😈

[img]https://images-1.discordapp.net/.eJwNwlEOwiAMANC7cAAK2AnsNoSRDsMsoTV-GO-uee9jXmuY3ZyqU3aAo0vldVhRXoWaJWYarcwutvIFRbXU82pPFfAxo99C9inFP48IwW13DOnmMCaHOSQH_B7SyT4mme8P5b4iaw.a5QTB9nTiWIlWrrkAL0aaCC-cr0.jpg[img]

3/4/2018 10:21:28 PM #11

Finally a game that i can get behind lichs vampires other less spoken ways of living forever at the cost of your "humanity". nothing better than an undead monarch

3/4/2018 11:46:08 PM #12

If I am ever a vampire, then here is my plan:

1. Gain strength at rapid pace and move constantly with fake identities.

2. Kill the elder vampire who turned me.

3. Think of something to do......

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

3/5/2018 12:11:11 AM #13

I just want to know how the whole "eternal life" thing works. Will you be exempt from paying the yearly(?) fee of buying another spark of life since you can't die from conventional means?

Posted By KingDmoney at 05:01 AM - Sun Mar 04 2018

What if you were a lich and you made your phalactory into a ring and gave it away or sold it. You nor anyone would know where it is. That is until someone kills you and you spawn near it 😈

Also, what if the current ring wielder were some poor farmer dude who just proposed? Imagine that surprise at the engagement party.

- CoE Thread - Website -

Family first, money second. Unless they cause the loss of too much money...

3/9/2018 6:39:05 PM #14

Posted By Kattz at 6:11 PM - Sun Mar 04 2018

I just want to know how the whole "eternal life" thing works. Will you be exempt from paying the yearly(?) fee of buying another spark of life since you can't die from conventional means?

There is no such thing as "the yearly fee of buying another spark of life". You use one Spark of Life per life; no amount of time is given aside from the typical lifespan. One life is one life, even if it turns out to be 500 years long.

3/9/2018 8:17:49 PM #15

Most of the information about Liches and Vampires from the official wiki are old Easter Eggs. Caspian said few things about them on discord, literally 'they are myths' on Elyria:

I hope someday the stories about them become true, just to find a way to live more!