COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Items to get the SoulEninge's attention

Hi guys,

I've read over the soul engine's intent and function and crafting obsessively. Being a crafter, I have a question involving the affect of amazingly crafted weapons the soul engine may have.

If one makes a legendary mythical weapon through crafting would the Soul Engine's eye glance its fate bending will around the poor bastard who yield's said weapon? I really...really hope so.

"I will make you a weapon that will you set you apart of the rest. Be warned, however, A Thalian blades often call to gods and demons alike to test it yielder. The Thalion family takes pride in it's work." -Eryzule Thalian, Blacksmith

1/10/2018 8:10:33 PM #1

An interesting idea, using the Fate engine to give items a fate at creation. I approve.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

1/10/2018 8:18:28 PM #2

Yeah, it's easy to imagine the kinds of funny, tragic and epic stories that could drive. Making a note of this for the next Q&A.

1/13/2018 12:28:49 AM #3

Awesome Heironymus. I hope it gets answered.

"I will make you a weapon that will you set you apart of the rest. Be warned, however, A Thalian blades often call to gods and demons alike to test it yielder. The Thalion family takes pride in it's work." -Eryzule Thalian, Blacksmith

1/13/2018 1:03:41 AM #4

I came here for the typo. Found one of the most interesting ideas in weeks (months?).

1/13/2018 4:54:39 AM #5

Has this not been thought of at all?

Perhaps its the crafter mentality...

It seemed almost like simple math to hope that ones super crafted weapon would bend an eye of the soul engine's story generator and 'test' the yielder in ways the would make epics weep tears of manic goo...

After reading up on crafting, my thought process has even evolved to wonder how 'custom' my research into swordsmithery can be bend.

Will I have to follow an algorithm to trigger the game to give me the 'you discovered..." gimmick, or can I literally mash an ass ton of metal ingots together, create an 8 foot long blade made of a metal from a fallen star, strap a handle made from the heart of dryad's tree, wrapped with the leather of dragon hide and finally add a pommel made of a finely smooth sphere of ruby that acted as an eye for some crude golem a hero slew a few days back?

Id name that weapon. and then Id give it to someone out of fear that 'fate' would see it made and desire to test me, the humble crafter.

Huh...

Would I then need to seal it away in fear of danger being 'called' to the weapon if no hero was brave enough to take it on?

I hope so. I would make this my soul purpose in gaming to make sure I could create an item so incredible that is mere existence called the might of the soul engine's power. I'd also get to meaningfully say (Witht he game's own mechanics making it true) "It will ensure only the worthy carry it. It knows...it wants to be used."

1/13/2018 4:54:53 AM #6

And I now see the typo. Dumb.

1/13/2018 5:13:00 AM #7

Posted By Eryzule at 8:54 PM - Fri Jan 12 2018

And I now see the typo. Dumb.

There's more than one. ;-)

But yeah, it's been stated that items may become legendary ("fated"), potentially through the circumstances of their manufacture or use. Lots of room there for cool development!

1/14/2018 6:09:52 PM #8

Well, your not wrong.

So long as we are both excited about the tom-foolery that could ensue, we can be friends.