COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Freemasons

I just was curious if any of the kingdoms or other nobility are run by Freemasons as they would be my first choice to join. Please let me know if you're out there.

Illustrious Deputy Grand Master, Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Wisconsin

1/4/2018 12:33:59 AM #1

It might be helpful if you provide the community a little more information such as what server you are looking to play on, what pledge package you are working with, and your future plans or vision for your future.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

1/4/2018 2:01:50 AM #2

An interesting question that I would be interested in. I can't tell you who but I do know one of my members is a Freemason. I'm not but could have been. Would be interesting to know if there are any other Freemasons active. Are you active and if so where?

The Akashic Records

1/4/2018 9:41:06 AM #3

I know of one Free Mason guild on NA-E, Kvothe in the Free Kingdom (Alésia) runs it. But there's more than likely likeminded individuals on every server but that's the only name I know of.

1/4/2018 1:49:50 PM #4

Posted By Twanos at

I just was curious if any of the kingdoms or other nobility are run by Freemasons as they would be my first choice to join. Please let me know if you're out there.

Hello Twanos,

Word has come to me that you are looking to join the Freemasons. I’m the leader of the Freemasons (Free Architects and Masons of Elyria) on NA-EAST ALÈSIA. As you can see from the name, we operate an architecture, engineering, and building guild, along with providing a couple of other services. We will be posting our recruitment post in the forums today.

If you or anyone else is interested in joining, please use this link for our discord:

https://discord.gg/J3X5zce

1/4/2018 2:48:02 PM #5

I think he's looking for the real world freemasons

1/4/2018 3:30:00 PM #6

Posted By Khaylius at 1/4/2018 1:49:50 PM

Posted By Twanos at

Hello Twanos,

Word has come to me that you are looking to join the Freemasons. I’m the leader of the Freemasons (Free Architects and Masons of Elyria) on NA-EAST ALÈSIA. As you can see from the name, we operate an architecture, engineering, and building guild, along with providing a couple of other services. We will be posting our recruitment post in the forums today.

If you or anyone else is interested in joining, please use this link for our discord:

The Freemasons are a secret society, they have secret handshakes and all that kind of stuff and trace their origins back to medieval europe. In this day and age the Freemasons are generally speaking, groups of various powerful or influential people that supposedly rule secretly over everyone else and/or influence events in accordance with their goals.

Probably a better term for them that is more North American based is "illuminati". They are basically the same thing as the Freemasons

It would be kinda kewl to have a group like this exist within Elyria, however if it was truly the Freemasons/Illuminati, then it's not something you can ask to join or find a recruitment posting for.... invite only i'm afraid :D

1/4/2018 3:47:16 PM #7

Freemasons were recruiting in Maine last year actually...

1/4/2018 8:51:03 PM #8

Posted By Nagash at 10:30 AM - Thu Jan 04 2018

Posted By Twanos at

Hello Twanos,

The Freemasons are a secret society, they have secret handshakes and all that kind of stuff and trace their origins back to medieval europe. In this day and age the Freemasons are generally speaking, groups of various powerful or influential people that supposedly rule secretly over everyone else and/or influence events in accordance with their goals.

Probably a better term for them that is more North American based is "illuminati". They are basically the same thing as the Freemasons

It would be kinda kewl to have a group like this exist within Elyria, however if it was truly the Freemasons/Illuminati, then it's not something you can ask to join or find a recruitment posting for.... invite only i'm afraid :D

To be one ask one. Recruiting methods vary by grand lodge some are more open recruiting while others you have to ask. Not hard to find in your travels.

1/4/2018 9:33:03 PM #9

Posted By Nagash at 09:30 AM - Thu Jan 04 2018

Posted By Twanos at

Hello Twanos,

Well you have some of that right but other portions wrong. We are not a secret society as many of us wear rings and other clothes with symbols all over them. We exist out in the open for all to see, only our degrees, passwords and handshakes are kept secret for our members to experience. Our best known group is that of the Shriners. Because of their involvement in parades and the hospitals they have great name recognition. Every Shriner is a Mason.

While there are some "powerful" people in the fraternity most are just ordinary men who still value honor and integrity. In my Lodge we have everything from lawyers to an hourly employee at Taco Bell. One of the great things about Masonry is that once we step into Lodge everyone is equal with no consideration given to rank or wealth outside of Lodge.

The reason I asked about other Masons in the game is simply this is my first day getting introduced into the game and with a Brother Mason I instantly know I can trust that are a man of honesty and integrity and can infer that they will have surrounded themselves with others of good moral stock as well. Therefore by reaching out to them I can ward off the danger of getting mixed in with the "wrong" sort or randomly fumbling along with a bunch of people I know nothing about.

Illustrious Deputy Grand Master, Grand Council of Royal and Select Masters of Wisconsin

1/5/2018 5:25:20 AM #10

CoE has attracted the attention of the Free Masons.

Cool

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

1/5/2018 11:06:38 AM #11

Oh, so the illuminati are the ones with the eye in the triangle I occasionally see on some things like tanker trucks and the dollar bill? I always thought that was a free mason symbol?

1/5/2018 12:46:32 PM #12

The symbol of we Freemasons is the square and compass.

Friend Code: 92BF2D

1/5/2018 1:25:11 PM #13

Posted By RedDoggybone at 05:06 AM - Fri Jan 05 2018

Oh, so the illuminati are the ones with the eye in the triangle I occasionally see on some things like tanker trucks and the dollar bill? I always thought that was a free mason symbol?

The conspiracy theory is that the Freemasons are basically the henchmen of the Illuminati. Not that they are the same thing. So yeah, different symbols and all that. There's actually a Freemason lodge right down the street from my house IRL, and I have worked with several people who were part of the organization in the past.

1/9/2018 5:36:22 PM #14

Not as many of us as there used to be which is a shame. Twanos is correct there are brothers from all walks of life.

1/16/2018 4:08:37 PM #15

Posted By Chronic at 8:01 PM - Wed Jan 03 2018

An interesting question that I would be interested in. I can't tell you who but I do know one of my members is a Freemason. I'm not but could have been. Would be interesting to know if there are any other Freemasons active. Are you active and if so where?

I am Currently the Master of Theodore Roosevelt Lodge #322 in Green Bay, WI. I am also a past head of Chapter, Council and a Commandery of Knights Templar as well as having the honor of being in the Grand Council line for the state of Wisconsin.

So to all Brothers wherever so dispersed, please reach out so that we may connect in game..