COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
How to recruit

SO I am the leader of a longstanding gaming community. I am wondering since guilds, associations, and schools all seem to be about in game stuff...what is the organizational structure one would use to promote and recruit to a traditional guild? How do all my members form a common bond and enter the game as a member of our clan?

It seems like if this type of structure does not exist it is going to make running an established clan in this game very difficult. Or am I missing something?

Count of Infernal-Duchy of Drescuri-Kingdom of Riftwood

Leader of Infernal Gamers (www.infernalgamers.com)

Friend Code- 9CF4E2

1/2/2018 10:40:05 PM #1

With CoE, guilds are very different to how the gaming community has come to know them. In CoE, guilds are more like trade unions. So unless everyone wants to do what you plan on doing, it may not work. But for your guild, you have a couple options: Become a Baron or Count and create an area your guild can build and thrive in with whatever they want to do. All your guild would have to do is choose a server and agree on a Kingdom and Duchy to settle in. Of course, with this option you would likely sacrifice a bit of what you wanted to do with your first life but at least you would have an area for your guild to settle.

Another option is to have everyone in your clan join your family and become a literal clan.

Or, forget all of the above and just have the entire guild vote on a Kingdom, Duchy, County, and Town to settle in so you all can cooperate and help that area thrive.

1/2/2018 10:42:10 PM #2

ASSOCIATIONS: These are organizations which generally provide a service to the community or to the governments. These range from preservationists to religious organizations. Members of an association come with varying skills and capabilities as, more often than not, the services they provide are unrelated to the hard skills of their members.

Similar to guilds, funding for an association typically comes from its members. Unlike guilds, however, all revenue from the members are passed up to the leadership to be redistributed or consumed as necessary to run the association. Because it is expected that all revenue is consumed for the purpose set forth by the association, these organizations typically do not pay income tax. That said, they're closely monitored by governments and settlements and, if they're perceived to be running a guild instead of an association, you can rest assured people will come to claim the money they're owed.

There are no common criteria around size and distribution of associations, as their purpose dictates such things. There are also no restrictions on the number of associations a character may be a part of at any given time.

Link

discord channel under soul chambers

1/18/2018 1:13:10 AM #3

Is there a way to invite or refer people to this game before getting access to it or pledging? If so how would I do this?

Shane Mazner

1/20/2018 6:45:14 PM #4

Posted By protoss111 at 8:13 PM - Wed Jan 17 2018

Is there a way to invite or refer people to this game before getting access to it or pledging? If so how would I do this?

give them your friend code, if they ever purchase they can enter it as a coupon and you both get rewards,

1/20/2018 7:29:40 PM #5

Cakewalk you want to read about families !

Families in Chronicles of Elyria serve many of the same purposes as guilds in other MMOs. They provide a small, supportive social structure with a sense of identity, as players recognize themselves as being part of a family, a noble house, or a dynasty. They tie into the game's progress system by allowing you to pass resources you've gathered over a lifetime onto your heirs. And finally, they provide starting resources, a residence, and a source of learning in the early part of the game.

But be aware of the fact that topic is from 2015! Something could have changed!

Alt text - can be left blank

2/27/2018 7:59:10 PM #6

Posted By protoss111 at 9:13 PM - Wed Jan 17 2018

Using your Friend Code, which can be found in your Account details. To access this left click your name way up in the upper right portion of the website. Your friend code should be listed on this screen.

3/5/2018 10:00:22 AM #7

Posted By Aneira at 05:45 AM - Sun Jan 21 2018

give them your friend code, if they ever purchase they can enter it as a coupon and you both get rewards,

I thought only the referer got a reward?

3/23/2018 8:07:52 AM #8

Posted By Matriarch at 05:00 AM - Mon Mar 05 2018

Posted By Aneira at 05:45 AM - Sun Jan 21 2018

I thought only the referer got a reward?

This is true. Each code gives the referrer store cash. The person inputting the code doesn't get anything.

3/23/2018 11:30:38 AM #9

We are in a similar position: gaming guild looking for how we will be linked. They haven’t told us about a lot of the mechanics. Associations may be the best fit. Another option, at least for getting your guild name out there, is to have everyone have a similar name. When eso came out they didn’t have displayable guild names so we all added “FoE” to our names, such as KipFoE or ThorkFoE.

We though about doing a single family but there may be some negatives from that, including a limitation on story points. Again, we don’t know enough yet.

Kip from Fist of the Empire

Friend code: 72EC67

3/23/2018 11:46:01 AM #10

KipFoE, from what I've seen, the best bet for a traditional guild is to all live in the same town and form an Association for you to join. That way you are all based in the same location, can share common goals improving and supporting each other, but still have enough individual freedom to follow your own pursuits if desired.

You can easily create a storehouse for your Association to act as a 'shared bank' and you can designate a particular item of clothing, or even an entire outfit, as your guild uniform for easy recognition.