COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Ping

I have read a few posts saying that ping 150+ could be an issue. well i have satellite internet and my ping is. Region Latency US-East (Virginia) 1236 ms US East (Ohio) 1756 ms US-West (California) 1339 ms US-West (Oregon) 1351 ms Canada (Central) 1374 ms Europe (Ireland) 1390 ms Europe (London) 1925 ms Europe (Frankfurt) 1472 ms Asia Pacific (Mumbai) 2030 ms

Seeing how bad this may affect the game should i consider not even playing?

12/12/2017 2:41:40 AM #1

To be honest, I didn't think it was possible to have such awful pings to... well anywhere... Put simply, you will have a 1.2 second delay at minimum for any action you try to take. If you only plan to farm, or play the dance of dynasties then you should be fine I think. Combat is a definite impossibility though... My mind is blown, I can't imagine playing anything with such a ping.

If possible I would say upgrade your internet connection. I mean, you were able to afford a magistrate package, so better internet should be in the budget if it's available.

Best of luck to you.

12/12/2017 3:03:48 AM #2

Satellite internet definitely isn't for gaming because it's guaranteed to give you the worst ping possible. The pacific island tropospheric-scatter-network MIGHT be equally bad.

12/12/2017 3:44:01 AM #3

Ah gotcha. First person shooters have always been off limits for me due to latency. I have done moderately well in games like eve, wurm unlimited, and everquest. wasn't entirely sure if it would really be that big of a deal.

12/12/2017 5:23:35 AM #4

Holy crap that's some shitty ping right there. Playing games at 500 ping was somewhat possible, if you didn't play anything with action. I can't even tell what part of the world you are from cause I figured at least that part would be under 1k. I have played MMOs when I been out in woop woop and still get better ping than that.

Can't get any better net I take it?

12/12/2017 8:48:59 PM #5

I live in the US oklahoma. 8) working on getting some type of wireless internet that just goes to cell towers. still waiting on responses to a few company's.