COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Looking for Druids

So I am interested in playing a druid type character in CoE and would love to find or establish and organization of other druids that will maintain some presence though out all the various territories. The exact structure of the organization I see as being pretty flexible right now it could be something with a defined and consistent hierarchy or it could be an alliance between multiple small groups or chapters.

Either way right now I am really just looking for other players who are going to be playing on NA-W and are looking to play characters focused around nature. Whether you want to focus on a specific nature related skill like taming or herbalism, or you simply interested in preserving natural resources and aiding in conservation efforts to maintain balanced ecosystems.

Additionally if you are a count, duke, or monarch who would wish to support a Druidic organization in your lands it would be great to hear from you as well. I would ideally like to maintain some land in most if not all the various kingdoms and biomes as a kind of nature preserve as well as lodging for druids along with their pets and guests. Of course I'd expect to arrange some sort of payment for use of the land whether that be trading rare animals, scouting info, survival training, or any number of other services the druids may provide. Keep in mind though that the druids as a whole would prefer to remain as neutral and avoid unnecessary political entanglements when ever possible.

With all that said please feel free to chime in on anything that would seem relavent here whether that it is the type of character you plan on playing or your views on a druidic circle and how you feel it should be ran and organized or if you simply want to say hi and show some support for druids in your area.

12/7/2017 8:54:22 AM #1

Druids would be quite welcome in Aelfhaest Keep. We may be a Barony, but we focus on our people, because without them we would cease to exist.

We are going for an alchemical & trade focus. Alchemy will have quite a need of herbs & herbalists, especially since our location will most likely be in a preferred location for rare ones.

We will also be looking for ecological surveyors if druids wish to assist in preserving our local resources.

Also, will your organization have a religious side to it? I ask because historically druids were also very important in Celtic ceremonies.

12/7/2017 9:11:14 AM #2

I'm interested to see what you do with this Druid organization. Considering that while Druids did stem from an animistic religion, they did perform sacrifices. Do you think your group will do something similar? Or will you go a more modern route?

Also, considering Druids were priests, healers, judges, history keepers, teachers, etc do you think you will encourage people to do something similar? Perhaps you could have those specializing in the priesthood travelling around trying to make the Faedin religion (I assume that's the one the Druids will follow) more prosperous and popular. Just a thought.

12/7/2017 10:23:43 AM #3

@Bedeude Thanks I think that would be cool and we could get some herbalism in going on in your area as well as bring in some from other areas. I also foresee us contributing to ecological surveys.

@Obertas I am sure we will have quite a few people who specialize in healing as well as teaching things like herbalism, animal handling, navigation, and survival skills. I would also like to at least contribute to a library of some kind I am pretty sure Fennec Academy is on NA-W so I could certainly see the druids working with them.

As far as religions affiliation Feadin would probably be the primary but there would certainly be aspects of the Two-Fold Queen in there as well. Druids after all are about maintaining balance. I am not sure about sacrifices it is very possible that the organization will be broken up into many different independent circles or chapters which each have slightly different ways of doing things. I will say that death is a part of life and it is some times necessary to prune back certain elements which prevent new life from taking root.

12/7/2017 7:54:32 PM #4

Hmm druids sound quite interesting. I could imagine smaller sects that manage an area and then a larger "council" that manages the sects. I guess it would have to be structured more like a guild but with an outpost in each of kingdoms.

12/7/2017 8:03:54 PM #5

Posted By TheKazz at

So I am interested in playing a druid type character in CoE and would love to find or establish and organization of other druids that will maintain some presence though out all the various territories. The exact structure of the organization I see as being pretty flexible right now it could be something with a defined and consistent hierarchy or it could be an alliance between multiple small groups or chapters.

Either way right now I am really just looking for other players who are going to be playing on NA-W and are looking to play characters focused around nature. Whether you want to focus on a specific nature related skill like taming or herbalism, or you simply interested in preserving natural resources and aiding in conservation efforts to maintain balanced ecosystems.

Additionally if you are a count, duke, or monarch who would wish to support a Druidic organization in your lands it would be great to hear from you as well. I would ideally like to maintain some land in most if not all the various kingdoms and biomes as a kind of nature preserve as well as lodging for druids along with their pets and guests. Of course I'd expect to arrange some sort of payment for use of the land whether that be trading rare animals, scouting info, survival training, or any number of other services the druids may provide. Keep in mind though that the druids as a whole would prefer to remain as neutral and avoid unnecessary political entanglements when ever possible.

With all that said please feel free to chime in on anything that would seem relavent here whether that it is the type of character you plan on playing or your views on a druidic circle and how you feel it should be ran and organized or if you simply want to say hi and show some support for druids in your area.

Friend me ill be on NA-W. I prob wont be playing a druid, partly because to me a druid is a caster type in fantasy games and we know that magic will be pretty limited if even existent. I will be playing a nature based char though for sure!

12/7/2017 8:39:33 PM #6

Posted By Nkrumah at 1:03 PM - Thu Dec 07 2017

Friend me ill be on NA-W. I prob wont be playing a druid, partly because to me a druid is a caster type in fantasy games and we know that magic will be pretty limited if even existent. I will be playing a nature based char though for sure!

Well when I say druid I mean a kind of hybrid between the real life historical druids who were mostly healers, priests, history keepers, and wise men of Celtic societies with the classical fantasy "one with nature" type characters minus the magic part. In CoE something more like a ranger would also fit into what I'm looking for.

For example the character I am planning on playing will be a wondering beast tamer that spends most of the time out in the wild and only really goes into town to repair equipment, negotiate contracts, or if there is a particularly bad storm coming.

12/8/2017 10:35:55 PM #7

Posted By TheKazz at 2:39 PM - Thu Dec 07 2017

Posted By Nkrumah at 1:03 PM - Thu Dec 07 2017

Well when I say druid I mean a kind of hybrid between the real life historical druids who were mostly healers, priests, history keepers, and wise men of Celtic societies with the classical fantasy "one with nature" type characters minus the magic part. In CoE something more like a ranger would also fit into what I'm looking for.

For example the character I am planning on playing will be a wondering beast tamer that spends most of the time out in the wild and only really goes into town to repair equipment, negotiate contracts, or if there is a particularly bad storm coming.

Right there with you on that path. Won't specifically be a druid, but the secrecy and community mesh well with the wanderer/naturalist type I want to play.

12/8/2017 11:59:37 PM #8

I'm so in on this! TheKazz you totally beat me to this. I had the same idea of going all Switzerland on Elyria but was going to do it solo! This is the niche community I was looking for :') Upvotes for everyone!

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest

12/13/2017 10:58:17 AM #9

I sent you a message.

12/21/2017 10:26:53 PM #10

I'm definitely interested in supporting something like this.

I am a baroness and am looking to grow my locale. Currently, I am not pledged to any specific kingdom - and I plan to remain that way until domains/tribes/etc are selected and handled (in order to best accommodate my people).

If you're looking for protection from a barony and full permission to develop your druid ideals, let's chat! I'd love to build my barony around a tribe and biome we can agree on, heck, I'm all about nature myself.

1/10/2018 10:29:25 AM #11

I might be interested in a Druid-like calling. I currently intend to play Dras. I'm not interested in becoming involved in politics, or moving up the social hierarchy, except perhaps as a spoiler to someone's excessive ambition.

1/12/2018 6:11:45 PM #12

I'm partially obsessed with Druids in fantasy/history. Would love to chat sometime. I'm even contemplating making my tier package custom consumable druidic in nature. If you start any groups or find one let me know, haha. I'd love to hang out in your discord or help out if I can with it. I've got time and I do a lot of visuals/organization for groups in the community. So if you need any pointers I can help there as well.

1/17/2018 8:38:13 PM #13

Thanks for all the support on here sorry I haven't been super active on here the last few weeks but I am thinking I might try to put together a charter of potential members soon as well as a count/barons/dukes/mayors that are interested as well as organizing a discord channel for our circle of druids so we can start talking about organization, names, goals, etc.

@Vela awesome! That sounds great I am thinking I will probably end up picking up a mayor package next month and I will definitely make sure to get you on that list of title holders I mentioned above :)

@ poldano that is kinda what I'm looking for in members as I said in the OP I'd prefer the druids remain as politically neutral as possible

@ magvad nice! I kinda am too every DnD character roll is some type of druid. I main a shaman in WoW and alt a druid lol. But if you are god with visual design stuff that is sweet I really wanted to get some cool art work done and maybe a guild coat of arms or sigil so if you are good with that kind of stuff that would be super cool. :)

2/5/2018 4:36:43 PM #14

Hi, the kingdom of Rift wood ha's it's own cult that the King has created. The link is here.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/20556/grima-cultist-offshoot-religion#post225522

2/5/2018 8:10:31 PM #15

Sounds interesting! Some elements of Druidism would fit nicely in the TFQ, and I'd be happy to engage a project like this in the County of Kalevasuo