COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Welcome, to the genteel gentleman!

Greetings Elyrians!

As you know, we just completed a round of Ambassador votes, and I am certain many of you anticipate what the outcome will be.

However, I have also recently been keeping my eyes out for individuals that may be better suited for a different kind of role…and after a thorough search and investigation, I am super pleased to announce that…

Polite

…has agreed to join the Moderator team as its newest member!

Polite has been a bastion of positivity and camaraderie since he first joined our community back in August of 2016. Since then, he has been true to his name and is considered by many to be the epitome of an exemplary Chronicles of Elyria community member.

Instead of listening to me extol his virtues, let’s hear what other members of the CoE community think about Polite:

"He certainly lives up to his name. One of the few people that truly has a forum name that describes them. He is always courteous, always willing, someone who will always go above and beyond. He will take his own time to try and find an answer for people. If a controversy comes up, he is able to engage in those discussions without adding to the controversy. I don't know what kingdom he is from, but it wouldn't matter as he would be excellent in this role." - King Dleatherus Bloodoak of Bordweall

"I have interacted limitedly with Polite in a direct manor. Typically, just to update the kingdoms and duchies spreadsheet, which has been an invaluable tool not just to me but to a large portion of the CoE community. Indirectly, I have seen Polite's diligence and conscious effort to keep people in the community at large engaged, happy, and temper their expectations. He has done an excellent job creating environments for all types of community members, and keeping the peace. Honestly, Polite as an Ambassador was a no brainer, Polite as a mod is all the better for the community at large." - King Evelake Rhyne of Vornair

"It is a pleasure and a delight to see Polite to receive an esteemed invitation from Soulbound Studios, a well-deserved role which speaks of his personal growth and commitment to the community he cares for passionately. There is a sincere quality to his actions and words, which only speaks of his character. I'm very proud of him." - Duchess Silvia of Fioralba

All I can say is, I wholeheartedly agree!

Please join me in welcoming Polite to this new role!!

More to come…

-Serp

P.S. Please don’t solicit me about a moderator role. If you are right for it, I’ll find you 😊

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

9/21/2017 12:56:04 AM #1

Congrats!!! Happy to have you on board :)

9/21/2017 12:56:43 AM #2

grats on the moderator role Polite

well deserved!

9/21/2017 1:01:43 AM #3

I echo Dletherus's statement above, exactly. Glad to see you in that role!

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne

9/21/2017 1:05:43 AM #4

It is a sincere pleasure and honor beyond what I can describe in words here to be given this trust and esteem by both the community and Soulbound Studios. If there is any praise I deserve in my conduct towards the community as a whole I counter that I am blessed that the people of Elyria are far and above some of the most passionate, earnest, and well-meaning people I have had the pleasure of finding on the internet.

I look forward to continuing interaction with the community and if anyone would like to talk with me on any topic please feel free to PM me on Discord or the forums here. I enjoy discussing absolutely anything at all so please by all means.

9/21/2017 1:06:23 AM #5

Congrats Polite! well deserved ;)

"Diplomacy is the velvet glove that cloaks the fist of power"

9/21/2017 1:09:09 AM #6

Congrats Polite! It is truly deserved and I know you will be great at it!

9/21/2017 1:10:15 AM #7

Congrats Polite, well deserved 🎉🎉🎉

9/21/2017 1:12:51 AM #8

Congrulations, Polite.

9/21/2017 1:13:56 AM #9

Certainly a well deserved honor. Every time we have met it has been a pleasure, and nothing would please me more than if circumstances allowed us to be allied in game. Also that avatar is incredible. If you like that style of art I would suggest you look at the surreal art of Mark Ryden.

9/21/2017 1:19:02 AM #10

Congrats!

9/21/2017 1:35:37 AM #11

Congratulations, Good luck with your new role!

9/21/2017 2:16:14 AM #12

congratulations! :)

9/21/2017 2:29:15 AM #13

congrats!

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

9/21/2017 3:08:27 AM #14

A fitting and welcomed development. Well done, P, and keep it up!

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

9/21/2017 3:15:24 AM #15

Congratulations, Polite.