COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
After War

Well damn. The two greatest kingdoms brought each other to their knees and now there're a few thousand bodies to take care of.

Can/Will there be mass graves/necropolises? Do we just burn the entire wall of bodies? Will disease creep through the lands if these bodies aren't disposed of quickly?

8/9/2017 7:02:09 AM #1

Yes and you will have to make sure all of them get proper burials or bad things happen.

They gave an example of having a crypt of 1000 bodies could trigger events or that sickness and disease could play a role somehow.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

8/9/2017 7:13:56 AM #2

Posted By RedAngel at 08:02 AM - Wed Aug 09 2017

Yes and you will have to make sure all of them get proper burials or bad things happen.

They gave an example of having a crypt of 1000 bodies could trigger events or that sickness and disease could play a role somehow.

Link to this?

8/9/2017 8:11:33 AM #3

Yes. You can. Uh... yes.

8/9/2017 8:27:21 AM #4

While I'm not entirely certain about the verified in game potential for bodies to rot or cause disease, I feel that it's safe to say that bodies will persist at least for some time if not indefinitely without attention. Considering that the most in-depth looting happens from corpses, according to some of the journals regarding spirit walking, combat, looting, and inheritance. So assuming corpses persist, I imagine what will be done with them depends on the culture of the victor. Let's go out on a limb and presume a Dras dominant kingdom is the victor in this scenario, and the battle was in the swamp. I imagine even if disease was a concern in general, the Dras don't care too much about that sort of thing, and would mostly only take care of their own dead according to the traditions outlined in their write-up (letting them decompose until the bones are exposed, then using the bones to make mementos of their deceased).

But that's just the Dras, on home turf. I imagine what to do will ultimately be up to culture, the decisions of the nobility and gentry, the allowances of terrain (go ahead, try to dig graves in permafrost), and the potential as-yet unknown consequences of not doing anything. Because I can see a bunch of different ways that works out. Traditional burials, mass burning (if you can get dry wood for it), I seem to recall but can't find the link for someone from SBS hinting at Sky Burials, I imagine building tombs is entirely within the realm of possibility given that the Hrothi have this big thing about stonework....

There are probably lots of different variations that such a scenario could turn out given the tiny snippets we have on climate/culture/bodies in general, including just leaving everything to rot...

Also known as AvA in Discord.

8/9/2017 11:46:27 AM #5

Those bodies just become "state ward" material for a new tribe, the undead ;)

8/9/2017 1:17:08 PM #6

Posted By CruxLore at

Well damn. The two greatest kingdoms brought each other to their knees and now there're a few thousand bodies to take care of.

Can/Will there be mass graves/necropolises? Do we just burn the entire wall of bodies? Will disease creep through the lands if these bodies aren't disposed of quickly?

If you die you have to spirit walk back to your body, thus taking your body back.... which means there won't be any dead bodies littering the floor after a war.

The only reason there would be dead bodies is if you have reached the end of your play time and your character dies for good. Generally speaking, this will only happen to characters who are old, so it'll be extremely rare for people to be on the battlefield of a major war and die for good. Sure there will be exception but will be extreme cases in themselves.

So no need for burning bodies or mass graves, because you pick up your own bodies after you ;)

If you didn't spawn back into your own body, that means you would appear out of no where randomly and lose all your gear, as your gear will be on your dead body ;)

8/9/2017 1:49:13 PM #7

As someone else mentioned, how will there be thousands of bodies if everyone just spirit walks back to their body?

Imgur

8/9/2017 4:27:28 PM #8

Really it depends on where it takes place and the numbers involved with ratios of npcs or pcs.

The npcs do not have souls thus leave a body as they will always permadie.

And the mentioned above comments that you will have to go get your body on the amount of spirit you have. There will still be a body you can move or do things to.

There are old age people who may permadie.

If you have items or assets you no longer have use for feel free to send them my way.

8/25/2017 6:45:26 AM #9

There will be a whole lot of bodies of people who were not online at that time, since you can't take your character with you when you switch off your computer. It will be scavenger galore, as people will be looting and maybe perma- killing many (Believe me, some people will see this as an opportunity to become super villains).

Think of all the loot on their perma-dead bodies :P

There is a big chance the losing party will do this as revenge.

9/19/2017 10:42:13 PM #10

Posted By Ilyria_Balmore at 11:45 PM - Thu Aug 24 2017

There will be a whole lot of bodies of people who were not online at that time, since you can't take your character with you when you switch off your computer. It will be scavenger galore, as people will be looting and maybe perma- killing many (Believe me, some people will see this as an opportunity to become super villains).

Think of all the loot on their perma-dead bodies :P

There is a big chance the losing party will do this as revenge.

Limit to items being carried, but a guild that found the remains of a battlefield. The imagination is unlimited. Drag the bodies so far no one can spirit walk back so no Coup Grace, just patience. Tie them up in trees where spirit walking can not reach. Muhahaha

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

9/19/2017 11:44:49 PM #11

The Dras burger shack will have half prices for a while.

1/10/2018 4:19:01 PM #12

It would very interesting if disease manifested in dead bodies could be used as a siege tactic. Maybe NPC bodies since as it was said previously, players get a spirit walk unless they're old. Something like poisoning the water supply of a town or fortress.

signature

1/10/2018 5:02:55 PM #13

But the vast majority of said armies would be made up of NPC warriors. So they would permanently die and their bodies would remain.

I always assume that in massive conflicts actual players would make up a small percent if the entire army.

Everyone is a monster to someone. The Sea can give you the World. Discord: https://discord.gg/KfQY2vq

1/10/2018 5:17:14 PM #14

Ashwipe Disposal - We'll Take Out Your Dead