COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
becoming a lich or vampire

so how will these features work and this is also just a general discussion on what you can and you want to be able to do

4/26/2019 2:08:13 AM #31

I mean personally, I'm taking all of these theories of brutally murdering people to become a vampire very seriously so if I were you I'd hope not to run into me on the beginning days of Elyria.

Benjamin MacDonald

4/26/2019 2:11:47 AM #32

Posted By Darsul at 7:05 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

Hmm.. Every one talks like becoming a Lich will be an act that you just need to put the time into. This will be an under taking of epic proportion, If this is even still in the game. In other lore Lich while never seen as "hero's" they are not inherently evil but, some one devoid of sympathy and/or fear of death. While i would like to keep on my soap box of where I feel you need go to get there I also, feel that the as the soul engine see you on your path your soulmate must also, travel the opposite so the game has balance. In short becoming the Lich will not only depend on your action but, that of other players as well and because you can't control what other players do you, no matter how hard you work at it you may never become the lich.

Now as far as lycanthropy and vamprarzim go you just need to find them (if they even exist) and get turned.

Well I forget where I read it but somewhere it stated the Soul engine was smart enough to actually give you the talent to aid on the path you're going down so for example - If a player where to go down a path of cannibalism drinking the blood of there murder victims - would eventually lead to the soul engine granting them the power to be a vampire

Benjamin MacDonald

4/26/2019 2:17:01 AM #33

Posted By Syrupie at 10:11 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

Posted By Darsul at 7:05 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

Hmm.. Every one talks like becoming a Lich will be an act that you just need to put the time into. This will be an under taking of epic proportion, If this is even still in the game. In other lore Lich while never seen as "hero's" they are not inherently evil but, some one devoid of sympathy and/or fear of death. While i would like to keep on my soap box of where I feel you need go to get there I also, feel that the as the soul engine see you on your path your soulmate must also, travel the opposite so the game has balance. In short becoming the Lich will not only depend on your action but, that of other players as well and because you can't control what other players do you, no matter how hard you work at it you may never become the lich.

Now as far as lycanthropy and vamprarzim go you just need to find them (if they even exist) and get turned.

Well I forget where I read it but somewhere it stated the Soul engine was smart enough to actually give you the talent to aid on the path you're going down so for example - If a player where to go down a path of cannibalism drinking the blood of there murder victims - would eventually lead to the soul engine granting them the power to be a vampire

I don't believe that is true. My understanding is that talents are generated at character creation, well before any path has been decided for a character. It is then up to the character to discover (or not) if they have a talent by doing the correct things, being in the right place at the right time etc, not simply being given a talent because they do certain things to earn it.

5/29/2019 11:39:22 AM #34

Posted By Ashielf at 2:51 PM - Mon Aug 06 2018

But what would your game goal be after becoming Lich? Wouldn't your options be very limited with normal civilization shunning or trying to kill you?

well i think that you can raise an army and try to take over a kingdom (try being the main word as it may not be possible)

5/29/2019 11:40:52 AM #35

Posted By Ashielf at 2:51 PM - Mon Aug 06 2018

But what would your game goal be after becoming Lich? Wouldn't your options be very limited with normal civilization shunning or trying to kill you?

well i think that you can raise an army and try to take over a kingdom (try being the main word as it may not be possible)

5/31/2019 6:32:06 PM #36

Posted By Syrupie at 03:08 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

I mean personally, I'm taking all of these theories of brutally murdering people to become a vampire very seriously so if I were you I'd hope not to run into me on the beginning days of Elyria.

well such things as that will get you to rebirth faster you may need help as my plan is to be a litch ((if possible)on the EU sever) so let the game begin. (or ill be an assassin)

5/31/2019 7:04:31 PM #37

And I'll be an astronaut and mindflayer right from the begining :D

5/31/2019 7:15:32 PM #38

Posted By Kurko at 8:04 PM - Fri May 31 2019

And I'll be an astronaut and mindflayer right from the begining :D

well me wanting to be a litch is to merely see if possible (and then to test my next part at king litch :p) but an assassin would be quit fun as i normally play mage

7/25/2019 2:35:01 PM #39

While Liches and Lycanthropes are always welcome, my primary interest is in Vampires. And really, this game is set up nicely to accommodate their implementation.

I would imagine it wouldn't be something that would be attainable in a single lifetime. Your bloodline would likely have to engage in blood drinking and dabble in the dark arts to unlock it but the possibilities are oh so juicy from a roleplay and gameplay perspective.

I hope they don't drop the ball and omit creatures of the night. That would be very disappointing.

-Kash

7/25/2019 5:51:37 PM #40

I'm starting to get that necro'ing this thread every couple months is sort of like a way to troll the meta-theme of the thread. After-all it seems most appropriate to necro threads about necrotic things, yeah?

Anyway, I feel like I'm explaining an inside joke here, so I'm going to stop before this gets to muddled.

8/27/2019 7:58:00 AM #41

It is interesting that most people think that a lich or a vampire has to be someone who did horrible things. As far as I remember in some books and games the requirement of getting a lich was to be a user of live and death magic and to not be “righteous good”…no need to be rotten to the core to get one.

E.g. becoming a lich could be also a possible path in the pharmacology. If you are specializing in conservation you might have the option to turn yourself or others into a mummy form and over time and with additional effort you change into a lich form…so to say you are conserving yourself by the knowledge you got. The difference between a normal being and a lich might be that you can stay yourself for eternity but with a draining effect on your skills and maybe even the need to use from time to time some rare balsam to continuously conserve your body. Oh and of course you have to refill your lifetime once in a while or you crumble into dust.

Or on stepping into a temple of a long forgotten god you are cursed and as long as you are not honoring the forgotten god you slowly starts to transform into some kind of creature. Such a god does not have to be a blood god who is asking for a thousand children hearts as even a god of thirsty could turn you into a vampire to let you…someone who maybe never felt thirst…can feel the monumental demand to drink and is offering you 3 solutions:

A You give in to the thirst and drink the blood of someone else. Probably no turning back until you die.

B You do not give in the thirst and slowly die

C You fulfill a task like “give 25 thirsty beggars a cup of water” and the curse is removed.

Or there is some kind of artifact that originally turned the user into some kind of animal for fun but as we are not one of the ancient races this item as a different effect on us and is turning us into a lycanthrope who is unable to remove that artifact and you have to find a way to do so before some anxious persons form a mob to hunt you down.

Of course the general population might see such creatures as something evil but the reality in this world might be less black and white.

Count of "Wulfsbargen" in the Duchy "Avaland" within the Kingdom "Tryggr". If not explicit mentioned the above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Duchy or Kingdom.