COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULS, TALENTS, & REINCARNATION
becoming a lich or vampire

so how will these features work and this is also just a general discussion on what you can and you want to be able to do

4/26/2019 2:08:13 AM #31
+0

I mean personally, I'm taking all of these theories of brutally murdering people to become a vampire very seriously so if I were you I'd hope not to run into me on the beginning days of Elyria.

Benjamin MacDonald

4/26/2019 2:11:47 AM #32
+0

Posted By Darsul at 7:05 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

Hmm.. Every one talks like becoming a Lich will be an act that you just need to put the time into. This will be an under taking of epic proportion, If this is even still in the game. In other lore Lich while never seen as "hero's" they are not inherently evil but, some one devoid of sympathy and/or fear of death. While i would like to keep on my soap box of where I feel you need go to get there I also, feel that the as the soul engine see you on your path your soulmate must also, travel the opposite so the game has balance. In short becoming the Lich will not only depend on your action but, that of other players as well and because you can't control what other players do you, no matter how hard you work at it you may never become the lich.

Now as far as lycanthropy and vamprarzim go you just need to find them (if they even exist) and get turned.

Well I forget where I read it but somewhere it stated the Soul engine was smart enough to actually give you the talent to aid on the path you're going down so for example - If a player where to go down a path of cannibalism drinking the blood of there murder victims - would eventually lead to the soul engine granting them the power to be a vampire

Benjamin MacDonald

4/26/2019 2:17:01 AM #33
+0

Posted By Syrupie at 10:11 AM - Fri Apr 26 2019

Posted By Darsul at 7:05 PM - Mon Apr 08 2019

Hmm.. Every one talks like becoming a Lich will be an act that you just need to put the time into. This will be an under taking of epic proportion, If this is even still in the game. In other lore Lich while never seen as "hero's" they are not inherently evil but, some one devoid of sympathy and/or fear of death. While i would like to keep on my soap box of where I feel you need go to get there I also, feel that the as the soul engine see you on your path your soulmate must also, travel the opposite so the game has balance. In short becoming the Lich will not only depend on your action but, that of other players as well and because you can't control what other players do you, no matter how hard you work at it you may never become the lich.

Now as far as lycanthropy and vamprarzim go you just need to find them (if they even exist) and get turned.

Well I forget where I read it but somewhere it stated the Soul engine was smart enough to actually give you the talent to aid on the path you're going down so for example - If a player where to go down a path of cannibalism drinking the blood of there murder victims - would eventually lead to the soul engine granting them the power to be a vampire

I don't believe that is true. My understanding is that talents are generated at character creation, well before any path has been decided for a character. It is then up to the character to discover (or not) if they have a talent by doing the correct things, being in the right place at the right time etc, not simply being given a talent because they do certain things to earn it.