COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE DOMAINS
[EU/Al-Khezam] The Duchy of Falzame

The Duchy of Falzame is one of the duchies of the Kingdom of Al-Khezam, ruled from the city of Falcon’s Nest.

Guiding principle: In Diversity there is unity, strength, prosperity and beauty.
Reigning Family: Banu-Usifan
Current Duke: Saw’ahya
Personal Motto: Learn, improve, teach! (You must learn from your ancestors, improve yourself in the present and teach the youngs to establish their future!)

The Banu-Usifan family is a leading family of the nomads, who have united Al-Qaum, ending years of strife and turmoil, heralding a new era of peace and prosperity. They have risen to prominence amongst the nomads, founded a dynasty of Emirs which became known as Banu-Usifan, who decided on finding a land flowing with milk and honey, for their people to settle.

History of Falzame

Before there was a Duke, there was a Slave, then a Champion, now Family, swore his fealty to the then Duke, Now King Usifan Banu-Usifan.

The story of Falzame started with a slave boy. If you haven’t heard it, you can ask anyone from Cherrug county, they will be glad to tell their favorite tale. In short he almost died, but was saved by Sam’uel, the blind storyteller. With the help of his commendation Saw’ahya became the member of the Order of the Grand Flock. He drew the attention of Duke Usifan, who sponsored him on the Grand Feast Game, which he won. He was rewarded with the barony of Falcon’s Nest. After the Battle of Owl’s Watch Saw’ahya was taken into the Banu-Usifan family and gained some of the new territories as his dukedom. Essentially I named the duchy, at least I told him the prophecy of Falzame earlier. His proper title from now: “His Grace Duke of Falzame, Grandmaster of the Flock, the northern shield, blessed by all the Qins”.It is not uncommon to see his grace walking the streets of Falcon’s Nest dressed modestly, one might even mistake him for a well mannered commoner. He's known to be unpretentious, and humble, and prefers to be addressed as "my friend" between his casual acquaintances.

excerpt from the Book of Legends

The United Swamp

Thanks for the beautiful map for Recurve and for the flagpoles to Liva!

The four duchies of the swamp in Al'Khezam (Bridgepool, Windmire, Redmist and The Night) will be united and led together by His Majesty King Usifan, Host of Draigh's Falzame and Saw'ahya, Host of Falzame with the help of the Swamp's Council.

Domains of Falzame

Aderyn county:
Falcon’s Nest: ducal seat, sister settlement of Gronau (ducal seat of the Duchy of Kaga in the Demalion Empire)
Cambitas
Arceian county:
Androctonus (Lore): Agricultural center
Toritsaval: Trade center
Skadia county:
Midas: Animal breeding center
Undecided county:
Zicola

Guilds and Organizations

Order of the Grand Flock (Lore): The members of the Order of the Grand Flock serve our people and our faith and subsequently are accounted our protectors and defenders of the official faith.
* Members of the Grand Flock will be trained with unique combat skills known only to them.
* Favor and fame is a given with your proven abilities and achievements in the battle field.
* Loyalty is to King Usifan and Al-Khezam foremost and always.
* During times of war, the Grand Flock will be surround the King like the feathers on a wing.
* The safety of these lands lies in your hand, and the forces that face us are your challenge, with many quests and missions provided.

Garrison of Falcon’s Nest is the home of the ducal army.
* First enlistment is a 3 year contract, that can be extended.
* Payment grows with rank and years served.
* Veterans are entitled to keep their equipment on release or they can have a bonus payment to start a civil life.
* We have a fund for injured veterans and families of the fallen.

Opportunities in Falzame:

Adventurer
Enlistment in the Garrison
* Recruit: Newly enlisted members. They need to be measured first. Free food and housing.
* Trainee: Training in progress. Free equipment.
* Guard: Trained in combat skills. First real payment.
* Scout: Trained in combat and survival skills.
* Veteran: Earned by five years of service or participation in a war.
* Quartermaster: Stores and distributes supplies and provisions.
* Corporal: Head of a squad.
* Training Officer: Retired veterans with scholarship skill.
* Captain of the guard: Head of the Garrison in the absence of the Captain.
* Captain: Head of the Garrison. Office holder: Saw'ahya.
Civil positions in the Garrison
* Leatherworker
* Blacksmith
* Bowyer/Fletcher
* Carpenter
* Camp cook
* Physician
Positions in the duchy
* Keeper of the Forests: Must be a forester/hunter. Need to guard and tend the flora and fauna of the forests in the ducal county.
* Keeper of the Mines: Need to take care of the mines in the ducal county.
* Keeper of the Maps: Responsible for the maps of the duchy and the neighborhood. Office holder: Wisibe

Gentry
* Join one of the known settlements
* Join the Garrison * More opportunities will occur after domain selection

Aristocracy
* Mayor: As a Mayor you’ll be responsible for managing your towns zone parcels of land for leasing (residential, commercial, industrial), and must monitor the settlement resources and taxes. You’ll also be planning your town's future by deciding where and what types of structures are to be built.
* Baron: As a Baron you have many of the same responsibilities as a Mayor with the added duty of ensuring you maintain a garrison of trained soldiers and focus on building defensive structures. You are funded by the Duke of Falzame directly.
* Knight Commander of the Flock: Holds the same responsibilities as a Baron albeit falling under the flock instead of the duchy Army. May have the same responsibilities as a Mayor with the added duties of the order of the Grand Flock.

Nobility
* Count: The Counts/Countesses are responsible for resource management, building up settlements within their counties, establishing wealth and power not just for themself, but for Falzame and Al’Khezam too. You’ll be creating trade routes, identifying where resources are being gathered, and funneling the money to/from the settlements.

5/22/2017 7:42:06 AM #1

reserved

5/22/2017 7:49:33 AM #2

Wow! You have made a really great structure here! I'm glad to see your duchy growing!

5/22/2017 8:30:30 AM #3

Posted By Gammea at 09:49 AM - Mon May 22 2017

Wow! You have made a really great structure here! I'm glad to see your duchy growing!

Thanks, Gammea!

5/22/2017 8:52:39 AM #4

Brilliant post!!

I see a recipe for a flourishing duchy 😃 proud to see your progress and look forward to witnessing your accomplishment.

Duke Usifan Banner

5/22/2017 9:01:15 AM #5

Posted By Usifan at 10:52 AM - Mon May 22 2017

Brilliant post!!

I see a recipe for a flourishing duchy 😃 proud to see your progress and look forward to witnessing your accomplishment.

Thank you, Your Majesty!

5/22/2017 9:44:07 AM #6

I am honored to serve the duchy of Falzame, may our duchy strife to be among the best and may it deliver great richesses for Al-Khezam and for Elyria!

"Traveling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller." - Ibn Battuta

5/22/2017 11:16:49 AM #7

Posted By Wisibe at 11:44 AM - Mon May 22 2017

I am honored to serve the duchy of Falzame, may our duchy strife to be among the best and may it deliver great richesses for Al-Khezam and for Elyria!

Thanks, Wisibe!

5/22/2017 12:28:50 PM #8

Very nice post! I wish you the best of luck! I look forward to working together with Al-Khezam! May your Duchy grow swift and strong!

5/22/2017 1:23:56 PM #9

Thanks, Wolffje! I wish you luck with your plans too!

2/27/2018 8:03:08 PM #10

Nice post and a lovely bit of lore too! I'll have to check out the rest of the stories from Al-Khezam soon.

Btw, your signature is awesome!

2/28/2018 1:45:54 PM #11

Posted By Rofus at 9:03 PM - Tue Feb 27 2018

Nice post and a lovely bit of lore too! I'll have to check out the rest of the stories from Al-Khezam soon.

Btw, your signature is awesome!

Thank you!

7/15/2018 5:47:25 PM #12

New organizations in Therion:
* Golden Grain Agriculture Guild
* Therion Trading Company
* The Black Lotus
* The Obelisk, Construction and Architecture Corporation

11/15/2018 6:00:48 PM #13

Glad to be a part of this community, look forward to playing the game with you all! <3

Friend Code: B6D2D4

4/23/2019 11:08:36 AM #14

We are proud to announce that the ducal seats of the Duchy of Kaga and the Duchy of Falzame will be sister settlements from now on.

We hope this will bring our people closer together and it will facilitate the exchange of trade goods and knowledge between the Demalion Empire and Al'Khezam. It is the first of many steps towards close cooperation.
We are looking forward to welcoming the first ships to the harbor of each other.

5/22/2019 8:55:07 PM #15

From Kaga to Falzame... that could be an intersting shortcut for my first tour into the south, further to the new home of Rhaegys and then to Lichendale and Dae.

House Pyrros