COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Changing profile picture doesn't seem to work

profile picture doesn't seem to work

Settler in Arkadia.

5/10/2017 10:56:51 AM #1

I'm in the same boat. The link to a pic is saved in my profile, but it has never displayed.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a site glitch?

DPBoD2.jpg

5/10/2017 11:09:50 AM #2

I just updated mine. If it's a bug, it's not affecting everyone.

Some quick checks;

1) Ensure the url is complete / not broken 2) make sure the url is actually pointing to an image and not a general site

What is the file type of the image? Mine is .jpg

5/10/2017 11:45:27 AM #3

Make sure your picture host isn't having issues.

Healdwald

5/10/2017 12:39:32 PM #4

Posted By Alleykat at 06:09 AM - Wed May 10 2017

Some quick checks;

1) Ensure the url is complete / not broken 2) make sure the url is actually pointing to an image and not a general site

1) Check. 2) Check.

It's a .PNG, I wouldn't figure that'd make things hard.

Posted By Iosef at 06:45 AM - Wed May 10 2017

Same symptom for over a week, so I doubt it. But since we know yours is working, may I ask who you two are using, just so I can upload mine there and rule out hosting as the cause?

Thanks, guys.

DPBoD2.jpg

5/10/2017 12:45:00 PM #5

Posted By Ecir_Edyah at 1:39 PM - Wed May 10 2017

Posted By Alleykat at 06:09 AM - Wed May 10 2017

Some quick checks;

1) Check. 2) Check.

It's a .PNG, I wouldn't figure that'd make things hard.

Posted By Iosef at 06:45 AM - Wed May 10 2017

Same symptom for over a week, so I doubt it. But since we know yours is working, may I ask who you two are using, just so I can upload mine there and rule out hosting as the cause?

Thanks, guys.

You need to be a backer at Tier 1 to have an avatar so that's why it's not working for you. :)

5/10/2017 12:48:27 PM #6

Hmmm...I thought buying the Elyrian Package got me to Tier 1? Not quite? What's the IP threshold I'd need?

Before I bought the package I couldn't even get the profile to save a link at all, so the fact that it did after my purchase made me think I had "arrived."

DPBoD2.jpg

5/10/2017 4:24:22 PM #7

Hello everyone,

Thank you for letting us know a few of you are encountering an issue. The team is looking into this and we'll provide an update once we know more.

We appreciate your patience!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

5/10/2017 4:47:57 PM #8

Just a hunch... your profile pic isn't a local file is it?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0Iy7PVyMJudnctO/giphy.gif

My link is above if you want to test that. If it works, just create another on there or any other working site. Gifs and jpgs seem to work for most people ;)

Thanks Serp! Good to see you've started already :)

5/10/2017 6:25:48 PM #9

Welcome to the Asylum, Serp! We know you're just gonna love it here!

Thanks Oracle! Will do. (Hope it's not a gag pic--I'm blindly trusting you, partner!)

DPBoD2.jpg

5/10/2017 6:30:44 PM #10

Well, I notice my border is updated from the mid-grade brown wood to the bronzy metal--so that's an improvement.

Oracle, your picture worked just fine for me, so that does suggest hosting issues with regard to my picture. Thank you sir!

Thanks for offering to look into it, Serp. If the symptom is a site issue for others, it's no longer for me.

DPBoD2.jpg

5/10/2017 7:57:52 PM #11

Posted By Rubenvdz at

profile picture doesn't seem to work

Hi Rubenvdz,

The reason your avatar URL isn't working correctly is due to the image file not being identified at the end of the link. Make sure the end of your URL includes the graphic image file with the associated extension (.jpg, .png, .gif) so we can parse and insert your image into your profile.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

5/17/2017 1:58:07 PM #12

Thanks to everyone who responded to this. I got it to work now. The problem I had was that after .png or .jpeg it had /something. So if anyone else has this problem, make sure to remove the /something

Settler in Arkadia.

7/19/2019 8:20:02 AM #13

Thanks! Help a lot