COMMUNITY - FORUMS - AGING & DYING
The Life of a Wanderer

Hi,

I remember reading in 'Design Journal #3 – Time, Aging, and Offline Player Characters' that "When out in the wilderness your character’s hair will grow, your face may get dirty, and if your soul does get separated from your body, you’ll return to find permanent scars to remind you of the price you’ve paid."

Is this still a concept? I'd love to have to wash myself after a long day in the fields or grab the scissors for a weekly hair trim. I just haven't heard anything else about this and wondered if it had been fazed out.

Thanks!

2/1/2017 7:45:19 PM #1

no idea bro xD but cool concept i guess

6/4/2017 3:52:37 PM #2

I think they threw hair growth out due to constraints. Getting scars from being KOed is still going to be a thing. And I'm not sure about needing to wash yourself/clothes. Though I really hope so.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14112/naeast-vornair-v%C3%B6lsung-county

8/24/2017 10:28:39 PM #3

I think they'll have some form of hair stylist mechanism as Barber is a profession that is listed a few times.

Melfice Czermoon, Mayor of Czermoon Friend Code: 111FC9

8/25/2017 12:04:49 AM #4

Whenever I think of a "Wanderer" I can't help but think of Diablo 2.

9/19/2017 10:43:38 PM #5

Hair growth is a very easy factor to enable. look at ark something dinosaurs, hair grows until you look like a caveman

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC