COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
[EU] Tryggr - College of Utdannelse

College of Utdannelse

Greetings and welcome to the College of Utdannelse.

We wanted to create a place of learning inside Tryggr, a College to rival any other. So the goals of our College are simple. Education and research for the betterment of the kingdom, and its inhabitants.

As we are a College and not a Guild, learning and studying at the college will be free for all who wish to craft and study. A distinction between school and guild was clearly made by SBS in the dev journals. And while the College will work in tandem with the many guilds inside Tryggr, no fee’s will be extracted from you as a student. Not by the masters you study under and not by the College. Free scholarship(s) for everyone!

The Utdannelse College will house crafting spaces for all mayor crafts, and provide experienced teachers for all subject imaginable. If you are looking to start crafting, but are unsure where to start, start at the Utdannelse College.

Here you can find a teacher willing to share their knowledge, and you will find books and recipes for a plethora of subject. You can have a look, smell or taste of any subject, and choose the path best suited to you.

The college will host a vault for any valuables, artifacts, and scrolls you may wish to store for safekeeping. The vault will be provided and maintained by Tryggrs banking guild(name) conform their charter.

Last but not least the Utdannelse College is the place where you will find and be able to access the great library, that will serve as the main library for the kingdom of Tryggr. Containing within its hallowed walls the accumulated knowledge of all its inhabitants.

To start the College will support research and studies in the following area’s:

• Faculty of Agriculture
  • Faculty of Cartography
  • Faculty of Anthropology
  • Faculty of Woodworking
  • Faculty of Engineering
  • Faculty of Shipwright
  • Faculty of Metallurgy
  • Faculty of Medicine
  • Faculty of Husbandry
  • Faculty of Alchemy
  • Faculty of Martial Training
  • Faculty of Arcane Arts*

New Faculty's can open depending on what new subjects we find or develop, *magic for instance. If you are missing a subject that should be on the list, please tell us. We are open to any well founded suggestions.

Working with the guilds.

As you can see all of the Colleges are based on the crafts, and there are plans for guilds in each craft as well. While the College will be set in a central location.

Guilds are logically situated in advantageous locations with access to the resources the craft needs.

Some guilds have already been picked up by active members of our community. Others are still looking for people to champion and host them. The idea is that the Utdannelse College will work in tandem with the guilds.

The guilds will take care of the day to day organisation, economy,crafting,production and resource management affiliated with that guilds specific craft.

They will of course also teach their members the basics(or more) of their respective crafts. However in the guilds the focus will be on production.

Guilds will also likely exact a tithe from their members. In return they may provide their member with housing,crafting space, gear, or other advantages.(outside of showing new members the ropes.).

Guilds will have a tiered membership, much in the way guilds were set up in real life in the old days. In any guild you will start off as an apprentice. Move up to journeyman/woman as you accumulate skill and knowledge, and finally you may reach the roll of Master.

If you attain the rank of master in a guild, you become eligible to teach, if you so desire, at the College of Utdannelse. Of course we encourage you to spend any time you are not teaching in research.

Any masters from our Guilds, that have become teachers, are expected to be in regular contact with their guildmasters and respective councils, to discuss areas of research and resources of particular interest, and to help plot a course for the guild that is in the interest of the Kingdom as a whole.

We currently have agreements in place with the following Guilds.

• W-Anchors
  • Centurion Group
  • Royal Vault of Njordr
  • Jörmungandr Explorers Guild
  • Jotunnordr Archery and Hunting

These agreements will help insure the College can achieve it's goal in research while cataloging new technology.

Research outside the College.

We are also aware that research and experimentation will be done by all curious crafters, not only those in the College. We would like to keep the College and its Great Library as a safe main hub for all knowledge. So we encourage guild members to file any new recipes at the library as soon as they've created one. If you do, in return, you will gain access to all of the recipes available for the same tier of research your recipe is in. And by all we also mean those from other crafts!

With handing it in to the College, that recipe will become College property. The recipe will be patented by the College and sold to those interested in buying said patent in the three to six weeks the patent allows for. (And depending on complexity for as long as profitable afterwards).

Any revenue from these sales will be poured back into the College, so education remains freely accessible to all, and a high focus on research can be maintained.

Any revenue the guild member that discovered the recipe,makes of,of the product that they invented is of course theirs to keep (minus and tax and or tithe as applicable in their locale and guild)

Cross Crafting

A huge advantages of having all information, all recipes, and all crafts in the central College that we haven't mentioned thus far is the possibilities this gives us for cross-crafting, from the word go.

Maybe not immediately, but still pretty early on, items will need components from two or more different crafts. Take a telescope. It will likely need a metal tube from our blacksmiths and glass lenses and maybe mirrors from our glassblowers.

Having all recipes from each craft filed at the library, and available to everyone at the college, and all contributing guild members, means we don’t waste any time re-inventing the wheel.

As technology progresses more and more cross crafting will become necessary and the College will be a place where cross crafting will be encouraged and supported. Either with resources or funding.

Ranking inside the College of Utdannelse.

Similar to the ranking system used by the guilds there is also a ranking system within the College that is indicative of your level of responsibility and expertise. Anyone may apply as a student. From that point you may decide to move away from the College and into the world at large, join a guild or find yourself a home in any Nobles demesne. Or you can stay. If you advance enough in skill and become a known and helpful member of the college community you can advance to scholar. From there on you may advance to Teacher. We do recommend that if you want to teach, you spend at least some time practicing your trade within a guild as well. So you can speak from practical as well as theoretical experience when teaching new members of the community.

Staff List

It's with great pleasure to announce our current list of teachers and their chosen subject:

Jarl Grognack Subject: Shipbuilding (Guild leader of
W-Anchors)

Jarl Jeremiah Subject: Unknown

Eltaninroses (Eltanin Vanagandr) Subject: Alchemy
(Special notice: This teacher operates from Dore and not directly linked to the college but is willing to Teach and share any knowledge with the College)

Discord for the College of Utdannelse Link

Discord for the Kingdom of Tryggr Link

Alt text - can be left blank

1/26/2017 7:28:42 PM #1

Looking forward to working with you and the college. Will make sure I am active within the shipwrights section

1/26/2017 8:48:49 PM #2

Great work @Lusafar, Seriously looking forward to this coming to life!!!

1/26/2017 9:21:12 PM #3

This is a nice idea. Are you considering multiple sites? Rather than all creating our own "guilds", it might be worth our while pooling together.

For example, each Mayor / Count should have no difficulty in making a small building available. If it all looks viable, I'll throw you a guild token when we start up ;) If other people do the same, it should encourage the rapid spread of the College throughout the kingdom.

For the moment, my core interest is in tinkering, but I'm conscious of other needs, including architecture (hint - missing from list). I'll play it by ear for now and see how things shape up. I'm not yet aware of the role religion will play either. Lots of possibilities.

1/26/2017 9:26:08 PM #4

Yeah, the plan is to have lots of places around the Kingdom where people can come and learn. There will only be one large library though, storing the knowledge of the Kingdom. Anything of extreme value will get sent to the Kingdom Vaults. As it will be the most secure place for them.

1/26/2017 9:42:44 PM #5

Posted By lusafar at 9:26 PM - Thu Jan 26 2017

Yeah, the plan is to have lots of places around the Kingdom where people can come and learn. There will only be one large library though, storing the knowledge of the Kingdom. Anything of extreme value will get sent to the Kingdom Vaults. As it will be the most secure place for them.

Sounds like a good plan. The college of winterhold.. I mean Utdannelse ;)

1/27/2017 11:26:11 AM #6

This sounds great my company/guild will be looking forward to working together a i Washington told my main R&D will come from the collage.

As my guild/company will handle a large part of the crafting for the military and mining for the Crown.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

1/27/2017 11:27:33 AM #7

This sounds great my company/guild will be looking forward to working together. As i was told my main R&D will come from the collage.

As my guild/company will handle a large part of the crafting for the military and mining for the Crown.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

1/29/2017 12:22:41 AM #8

Research will be at the core of many things within Tryggr!

1/29/2017 6:33:06 PM #9

We aim to cover every researchable aspect of the game and keep a record of events that happen in the game world.

If anyone comes across any books in their worldly travels and would like to sell them. The college will buy them from you.

1/30/2017 9:37:20 PM #10

I look forward to hopefully invest into this University to further help the whole of Tryggr as I see this idea has a lot of potential.

“He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.”

1/30/2017 10:03:16 PM #11

And very well presented too. Great job :)

1/31/2017 3:07:28 PM #12

Posted By Oracle at 10:03 PM - Mon Jan 30 2017

And very well presented too. Great job :)

Thank you very much. I owe a lot to Eltanin. She really helped out with some of the idea's.

2/2/2017 8:27:54 PM #13

Really great to see that the Tryggr community as a whole works together as one. Especially in regards to people creating their guilds. I'm not sure exactly how it works in other Kingdoms but I find it very amazing that our community is very much intertwined on that level.

“He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.”

2/3/2017 7:46:00 AM #14

I really like the direction your going with this Lusafa, keep up the good work! I for one know that I'll be glad to invest into your college, more specifically the Faculty of Arcane Arts :-D.

2/5/2017 5:06:01 PM #15

You would be most welcome to join @Krell