COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
the story behind your name

I love names. Sometimes they tell great stories and maybe tell me something about the person behind it. Me first: Atom is just a random name i once chosed for a cod clan. The D and the Chopper are from One Piece and these combined combined are Atom Chopper which is like Nuclear Core splitter which is quite powerfull. You can't live without me. But if you wanna try and destroy me though, I will annihilate you. My future ingame name:Niten. The Ni comes from the beginning of my first name. The t is simply from Atom and the en from my last name. After creation I noticed that this is also the name of one of my favorite characters from a very good book series called The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel

This Thread is always active. I will read everything

12/7/2018 6:56:13 AM #406

My full name is Scipion Daemon Pyrros.

Scipion refers to Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus, a roman Consul and General, who defeatet the Hanibal brothers. His name is part of the italian national anthem “Inno di Mameli”, where a line runs: "dell'elmo di Scipio s'è cinta la testa", meaning Italy will set up again the helmet of Scipion. The "n" at the ending derives from making the name bigger by saying "Scipione", the great Scipio.

Daemon refers to the Qin that died in the first godwars of Elyria and was master of the still burning fire at Karcion. And it was also the name of my grandfather Daemon Pyrros, because his father Ireneus (Old Iren) admires that god for its flickering fire that with changing shadowmaking reveals the truth of any subject or object.

Pyrros is greek and you will find also phyrros or other writings. There was also a king with that name in Grece. The name means "redhead", and that is the reason to choose it: My character will be a Brudvir with red hear from a bloodline of redhairish Brudvirs. So there will be names like Rufus, Feuerkopf; Firehead and so on to decribe my relatives. As we learned the first rules for Brudvirian names the name of greatgrandma Øyvår Rødhåret came to my mind.

It's a funny coincidence that I decided to be a scribe and papermaker, and that Pyrros sounds like papyrus.

House Pyrros

12/7/2018 10:10:15 AM #407

Duka Darkfall, A name I have used every place i could since the launch of Everquest 1. Duka is a word mashup from Danish Du ( you) ka(n)(Can) Darkfall is mainly taken from a book called Darkfall ( the legendsong) by author Isobelle Carmody.

Born in sin come on in Born in lust turn to dust

12/7/2018 11:18:18 AM #408

It sounded good to me so yeah that's it.

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C

12/7/2018 4:04:26 PM #409

I am using Galliad as a modification of Gallahad, the knight from the king arthur story. I was frustrated that every time I had to pick a username, it was already taken. So I invented my own name and have been using it for 12 years now. And never again was a user name taken. and if it was, I created an account there a long time ago.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

12/7/2018 8:15:28 PM #410

When I started my first mmo I was super edge young teen and was going to go with the Mourning, but I left out the first 'n' and didn't notice until I joined a guild and we started skyping. It stuck after that and I used it for everying. Fast forward to college where I joined a foam fighting sport called Belegarth and used Mouring as my persona name.

12/9/2018 4:33:29 PM #411

Back in my day... We kids played diablo 1 and 2, where you needed alt characters to haul your excess loot and trade items, referred to as mules. Muleface has been my main tag for 14+ years now :)

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

12/10/2018 6:59:43 AM #412

We used to play the arcade style game Gauntlet, I don't remember which one, on the PS2. I couldn't fit my real name in the space allotted for the player's name. I couldn't fit my nickname either, but I could fit Barley which rhymes with my nickname and eventually it was lengthened to Barleyman.

12/10/2018 8:35:26 AM #413

Forum name is just a nickname that I've taken to spelling as obnoxiously as possible.

Surname (Ewdotîmdweau), is my take on a To'resk name: the To'resk seem to use Zulu transliterated to French (as it's given me pretty good results in google translate), and the given surnames tend to be descriptive.

These tend to be either along the lines of a job description (one translated to "in the field"), or something like "shining" or "beauty".

Ewdotîmdweau itself is multi-layered when brought back down to Zulu. On the surface it's "Udotimdwu", meaning "modesty". It can further be broken down to "Udoti m'dweu" which is "to form dirt", to match with my settlement name of "Burgwall", which is the term for a wall around a town made of mounded and reinforced soil.

Luckily Burgwall works out because I'll be in Neran territory.

12/10/2018 5:59:42 PM #414

When my son dragged me into playing Minecraft about 6 years ago I had to set my first ever on-line nickname. I struggled defining an alter ego until I started shuffling those 8 letters. Yeah, old, and layers. Obviously.

12/10/2018 7:56:06 PM #415

I was a pretty rough kid when I was young.

My few friends were adults. One of them was a teacher.

She signed my yearbook with "Always Endeavor". Stuck with me ever since. One of the first times I had been told I could do anything other than cause trouble.

Check out the Village of Astyria! We are recruiting!

NA - East : Bordweall : Bloodoak : Novigrad - Shield Wall Strong! Friend Code: 3D90E8

12/10/2018 10:55:45 PM #416

Not that I'm soft-spoken by any means, but it seems that even my closest friends have trouble hearing me. I've joked for ages that I'm just forever talking to myself; a soliloquy, if you will. You'll often find me around with either "Endless" propped in front, or shortened down to Sol where I can. I much prefer the latter. ^.^

12/12/2018 5:58:25 AM #417

My name Ryan I tried to alter it to be a more fantasy name - reikan Sometimes i shorten to Rike

Interestingly my theory is Ryan (meaning little king) must be connected to the word reich (meaning kings land)

Also Reikan is inspiration or the cold chill you get when you have an idea or are scared (or that is what i have gathered)

Also is a character General Reikan in starwars empire strikes back

12/12/2018 3:56:06 PM #418

My name Kikoso has what I like to believe is a funny story behind it. So, my brother wanted to create a scenario/campaign in Age of Empires 2. He did this, and to every "nation" he gave one of our families names or nicknames either slightly changed or not changed at-all. My character was a shaman that asked for a sacrifice and in return would give soldiers and help (most civs were either mayan, Aztec, or Inca). My brother had to give my shaman a name, he therefore created the shaman "Kikoso". now I use it for most games as username, I try to keep it for mages and sorcerers but can also use it for other things. If you want to hear the story behinf my character in-game it will be "Mihos" and he will be the leader of a Ranger Guild.

Leader of the Ranger Guild. "Brother of the Tiger" "Protector of the Jungle". First defender of the good people of Elyria.

12/16/2018 10:09:16 AM #419

Mmm... Tacos.

Back in college in the 90s I would play the online ASCII-based BattleTech MUXes/MUSHes/MUSEs. No real "story" behind the creation of the name other than I needed to come up with a character name to play, so I went with Felipe Perez -- callsign: "Taco"

12/23/2018 3:08:23 PM #420

Hello! A friend told me about this game so here I am. ^-^ I can not remember what game I was playing but this was almost 20 years ago. Flair23 was taken so I moved the letters around to what it is. I always fight with Flair and 23 is a special number to me.